PDA

View Full Version : MBRP Exhaust

SPEEDEP
11-27-2002, 09:13 AM
I am about two days from buying a cat back system and i need to know what the MBRP system sounds like. It looks good but what does it sound like?

a_wlee
11-27-2002, 09:23 AM
The sound on the single exhaust is bearable if you can take a bit of booming, but if you go with the Dual it is quite loud (9d Louder)then the single. I got rid of my MBRP muffler and kept the center pipe instead and the sound is excellent. The muffler for me was too booming then what I wanted. The other problem I have found with this exhaust is a noise that is comming from the mid pipe when you drive through a puddle. It seems that when water sprays against this pipe, the pipe bangs against the under body and makes weird sounds. But hey its my opinion!

Good luck

Allen:o

SPEEDEP
11-27-2002, 05:34 PM
Thanks what did you replace the rear with? Stock? I want an exhaust with a nice sound. I don't know what you mean by booming but i assume you mean loud!!!!

a_wlee
11-27-2002, 07:51 PM
I replaced the unit with my stock one. Sounds Great not much power loss.:cool:

2k2civicSi
11-27-2002, 11:35 PM
if you want an mbrp single tip ill sell you mine for cheap

i went back to stock

SPEEDEP
11-29-2002, 03:45 PM
Sorry im going with the JiC now. Thanks for the offer though.

02blksi
11-30-2002, 10:30 AM
SEARCH!! So many of these posts, that people start have been gone over so many times already, not trying to be a D*ck but please use the search button, all these posts can be answered by doing so. -- Joe.