PDA

View Full Version : noob

utown-clown
08-31-2008, 12:19 AM
hows it goin? im new to the tuner world and could use any help or suggestions you might have... im buying a 2002 honda civic hatchback si, i've always like tuners but know nothing about them. ive been reading and lookin and came upon this car that im buying, once i found it i started lookin on the web for info and such and came across this great community. so any advise you got ill take. the car seems like a preety good start for me, it has after market rims, carbonfiber hood and suspension... so it looks nice, and i can go anyway i decide to under the hood. but like i said, i don't know much(which is why i love the DIY's here) so plz help. thanks

thisisagame24
08-31-2008, 12:25 AM
welcome to the site homie.....its an addiction haha

the mods will depend on what your looking for. a drop is always a good idea to do.....but make sure you do it right the first time or it will cost you more in the long run haha

intake header and exhuast are pretty basic upgrades for it too

dont be afraid to ask quesiton either we are all here to help each other

utown-clown
08-31-2008, 12:37 AM
thx bro... got any good suppliers to go threw? ive been lookin at getnrg.com, k2motor.com, and andysautosport.com, just to name a few.... and this one site that i think might be complete bs... its called turbonator.com??? found it in a super street mag

benkieboy
08-31-2008, 03:46 AM
a drop is always a good idea to do.....but make sure you do it right the first time or it will cost you more in the long run haha

yeah do it right the first time! that was my mistake! i did it right the fourth time. so dont try to be cheap on suspension and you'll end up spending more.

shanewdude
08-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Welcome to your new addiction!

Take your time, read everything here, and search before you ask too many questions or start new threads. You won't believe the wealth of knowledge and support that people will share with you on here, as long as you look for the info on your own first. Read all the Stickies at the top of each forum, too!

JDMtunerEP3
08-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Welcome!

talonXracer
08-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Welcome to EPhatch!