PDA

View Full Version : New hood paint job or go CF>

BlackEP9
08-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Whoever I bought my EP from must have been a heavy freeway commuter and it really needs a new paint job. How much can I expect to pay for one at a good body shop? I'm thinking maybe I should just get a CF hood instead..

JDMtunerEP3
08-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Well the price really depends on you...

If you're just panel painting the hood and didn't blend the fenders i'd say you are looking at 200-300 bucks easy.

I'm taking it that you're car is black due to your user name and if that's the case i wouldn't panel paint a black pearl color or the color match may disappoint you.

In the case that you decide to blend out into the fenders than you're looking at 500-600 bucks.

If you planned on going with a cf hood in the long run than i'd go that route oppose to spending almost double to repair and blend.

illbert
08-31-2008, 05:27 PM
On the CF hood note, what are the best quality brands to go with fitment wise? The one that is on my car, don't know what brand, has the oem latch on it but the molding is so skinny I don't even have to pop my hood to reach under and lift it up!

JDMtunerEP3
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
I bought my cf from show stoppers usa and it's a damn good fit!

I'm definitely happy with it.

humpmasterflex
08-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Sh1t... you can repaint your whole car at Maaco for like 700 bucks...

JDMtunerEP3
08-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Sh1t... you can repaint your whole car at Maaco for like 700 bucks...

Yeah and you also get a piss poor prep and paint job!

All Maaco does is wet sand your car , wipe it down, and spray the worlds cheapest paint on it!

Most paint jobs i've seen from there hold up for a year or two then need to be redone!!!

403ep3
09-01-2008, 09:25 AM
I have the same situation. I am gonna let winter pass by and then buy an oem cf hood but I am going to repaint the front bumper.

BlackEP9
09-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Well the price really depends on you...

If you're just panel painting the hood and didn't blend the fenders i'd say you are looking at 200-300 bucks easy.

I'm taking it that you're car is black due to your user name and if that's the case i wouldn't panel paint a black pearl color or the color match may disappoint you.

In the case that you decide to blend out into the fenders than you're looking at 500-600 bucks.

If you planned on going with a cf hood in the long run than i'd go that route oppose to spending almost double to repair and blend.

ok I didn't think about the blending. I also got a ding on my front bumper, looks like someone hit me in a parking lot. I was thinking of going to get that fixed. Are you telling me they are going to blend that into the hood or the fenders or because its an insurance claim they can't?
I'm not sure I would be upset if I got my hood painted and the rest not blended. I got an HFP kit lately and it looks the same as the rest of the car. I take care of the paint much better than the usual joe. (clay-3 step-paint sealant) It looks pretty good all cleaned up except for the chips in the hood and bumper.

bdooley
09-09-2008, 05:53 AM
go with a cf hood. unless you want to paint the hood and get it blended with the rest of the car

talonXracer
09-09-2008, 06:09 AM
I am not a fan of cf hoods, just paint the stock hood.

bdooley
09-09-2008, 06:22 AM
I am not a fan of cf hoods, just paint the stock hood.

yeah true good call. if there arent any dents or anything it shouldnt cost that much to get painted regardless

ep3moschini
09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
im painting my cf over the winter. . . im not a ricer, people dont need to know its cf

illusionsoflife
09-10-2008, 02:14 AM
go cf but most likely in less than 5 years you will be getting the cf painted. get a mugen rep hood. looks good painted too. i think a repaint and a cf hood will run around the same

EP3_U_SEE
09-10-2008, 05:36 PM
1go cf.... i got one if you need it pm me

4lugSLUG
04-14-2010, 03:51 PM
If you do all the prep work of sanding down the hood and priming it you can probably just get it painted. most of the labor is prep work. painting is the easy part. just do a google search on some reputable auto body shops and even call honda. You can even do it right and buy a new hood for the cost of repairing the used one and have the used one repaired and save it as a spare.