PDA

View Full Version : Need to datalog, but taking guesses

AUTiger
08-31-2008, 10:13 PM
So i'm getting very frustrated. Last night both my low beams are shot and then lately as the temperature has dropped at night I start having some issues. The knocks are up, when I shift at part throttle the tach goes up a few hundred rpms and then drops and when I am shifting at wot the tach drops very fast and lower than normal. i have lean issues letting off the throttle because I have lean protection enabled. I also get lean cut from time to time at WOT but not all the time. The last street tuning I did it was 89 degrees and 75% humidity and my a/f was 13.3 with a small spike to 13.7. I would assume that the temperature calculator is calibrated correctly right. Something tells me that gas companies are screwing with us on the actual octane rating of the gas. I ran BP when I tuned last time to make sure that the extra ethanol was not a factor, but I have more part throttle knocks then ever and I keep reducing ignition but only by a degree or two. I figure I should have a valve adjustment soon too. 4 months ago my valves were fine but now i think they are making some noise. I'll try to get a datalog this week on a cool night and post it up. Until then feel free to make some guesses.

MR.Pizza
09-01-2008, 03:04 AM
Hard too say without datalogs, most probably your leaning out. Your better off running rich than lean so why not attempt to add 3% fuel to the entire map and see if your knocks disappear somewhat. Check my sig if your looking for a great tune at a very good price.

AUTiger
09-01-2008, 07:26 AM
i'll give that a shot. Tomorrow night when the temp cools down I'll street tune my a/f and add 3%. I just thought that the temperature calculator auto adjusts for the weather conditions within reason.

Ba82Ep3
09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Instead of adjusting the maps... adjust overall fuel trim where you set the injector size. Add said 3% or so and see if that helps. That way the work on your maps isnt lost (adding way too much fuel where it may not be needed), and you dont run lean elsewhere. Then you can do datalogs w/o hitting lean cut... and be able to incrementally adjust your maps according to your new datalogs...