PDA

View Full Version : whats the best tire shine product?

03silvsi
09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
whats the best tire shine product that doesnt go all over your car? i used the eagle one gel tire shine..... everytime i drive it gets all over my car and leaves little black dots on my car.... i gota wash her again... i used meguiars hot shine high gloss.... and still outs plack dots..... any suggestions??

SiN05
09-01-2008, 01:21 PM
i used eagle one before and got the same effect i just switch to meguiers too. I take a crappy rag and wipe off the excess. plus with that you get an even cover since it is only a spray-on

turtle654
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
give this stuff a try...

http://www.shiningmonkey.com/index.php?main_page=nospitting

http://www.shiningmonkey.com/images/info_pages/nospitting_info/nospitting_info_01.jpg

MugsyTheGr8
09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
right now im using two armorall products; fierce shine tire foam, and extreme shine tire shine in a regular spray bottle. neither of them sling onto the car body. the extreme shine is a little too much for my taste, but both last a good amount of time when applied, even after driving in rain.

sLiCk
09-01-2008, 01:44 PM
For an off the shelf product, I find Meguiars endurance tire gel is the best. Lasts the longest and doesn't sling off when you drive.

JDMtunerEP3
09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
That shinning monkey tire shine looks sweet!

I'm ordering some now!!!

Blackexcoupe
09-01-2008, 02:45 PM
The reason why you get the sling is in the preparation and application. Make sure the tires are clean when you apply the product. Some tire cleaner and a tire brush are nice things to have. After the tire is clean then apply the product and let it sit for 20 minutes before you drive the car, so it can fully dry or wipe it down with a rag. The only reason for sling is that the tires are dirty and it isn't sticking or the tires are still wet.

T_Virus
09-02-2008, 07:23 AM
I use stoner's tire shine...works for me...

nrengle
09-02-2008, 10:57 AM
BlackEXCoupe nailed it. Dirty tires, and not allowing to cure. But it can also be too much product. Give the tires a wipe down after 20 minutes remove the excess.

If you want to try some other stuff that looks great, head over to autogeek.net They have some good tire dressings. My favorite right now is Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro. It's a water based dressing, that doesn't sling, not too shiney, but not a matte finish either. Kinda just looks like a new off the line tire, or just a slightly wet tire.

Blackexcoupe
09-02-2008, 11:34 AM
BlackEXCoupe nailed it. Dirty tires, and not allowing to cure. But it can also be too much product. Give the tires a wipe down after 20 minutes remove the excess.

If you want to try some other stuff that looks great, head over to autogeek.net They have some good tire dressings. My favorite right now is Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro. It's a water based dressing, that doesn't sling, not too shiney, but not a matte finish either. Kinda just looks like a new off the line tire, or just a slightly wet tire.Some other good tire shines from autogeek are Optimum Tire shine and DP gloss tire gel. I really like the DP tire gel because its a very bold wet look that contrast nicely with chrome rims, but at $28 a bottle it gets expensive quick, so I use optimum on 90% of the cars I work on.

mustclime
09-02-2008, 11:36 AM
motor oil.......:mangel:

bdooley
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
right now im using two armorall products; fierce shine tire foam, and extreme shine tire shine in a regular spray bottle. neither of them sling onto the car body. the extreme shine is a little too much for my taste, but both last a good amount of time when applied, even after driving in rain.

i use the extreme tire shine gel. the one in the orange bottle. as long as it dries it wont get anywhere other than the tire

slo_k20
09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Meguiar's Tire Foam.. Works great for me!

njpnoy05
04-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Meguiar's Tire Foam..

but i've read somewhere that car shows sometimes use pledge furniture polish haha.

DRP967
04-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Any water based tire dressing gets my vote.

rd02SiR
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
meguires hot shine in aerosol cans, has an adjustable knob for larger or smaller sidewalls.

vboy127
04-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I've been using that new Tire Slick stuff by Lucas. I absolutely love it so far. It's not too much shine and water-based. Perfect 10 for me. haha

jdm_k20
04-14-2010, 03:43 PM
I use Zaino tire shine and love it. I used to love the high gloss but got over it quickly. The Zaino tire shine has a more satin finish to it a looks . . . cleaner i guess.

http://www.zainostore.ca/category/tire-gloss-rubber-trim-treatment

JaydmEp3
06-17-2010, 12:01 AM
has anyone used the smartwax tire spray?

RHDmeatwagon
06-17-2010, 03:06 PM
has anyone used the smartwax tire spray?

Not quite yet.

I think for the average person if you want a semi shiny finish meguirs endurance is pretty nice and it last a while even the high gloss one is nice.

Even though Pinnacle black onyx is hands down the best smelling its not worth the 16 dollars difference IMO.

pricha00
07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
The Optimum Tire Bond Gel is pretty good stuff. Not too shiny, and it doesn't sling. I also like Licorice Black from System One but the stuff is almost unobtainable up here in Canada.

Pat.

sleepy ep3
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Armor all. Makes ur tires look like new rather then all glossy and shit. Also better for the rubber as well.

bearcat91
07-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Kind of an old thread but I need help, my previous vehicle I had I cleaned ALL the time and put tire dressing on (worked at a car wash so all free!) However my side walls began cracking like dry rot almost but they were only 6 months old maybe...noow my ep tires are doing it too but I don't clean her as much now that I don't work there. Is there a safe tire shine that still looks good? Iv used mcguires, mothers, armoral and. W.e they had at the car wash...thanks

DRP967
07-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Kind of an old thread but I need help, my previous vehicle I had I cleaned ALL the time and put tire dressing on (worked at a car wash so all free!) However my side walls began cracking like dry rot almost but they were only 6 months old maybe...noow my ep tires are doing it too but I don't clean her as much now that I don't work there. Is there a safe tire shine that still looks good? Iv used mcguires, mothers, armoral and. W.e they had at the car wash...thanks

If I am not mistaken its the silicone in the tire dressing that cracks/browns the tires over time...similar to how armor all fudges up the dashboard. Stick to brands like Mothers/Meguiars but just make sure it says WATER BASED and you should be fine. The shine wont last as long as silicone but it will suffice just fine between washing/detailing. My personal favorite is Klasse trim protectant...its designed for dashboards/interior/tires.

bearcat91
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
cool..so water base is the key. thanks!!!

ep_curious
07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I use the armorall that comes with the sponge applicator. It's a little more work than the sprayed ones but it's worth it. Shines great and doesn't get washed out easy.

Ep3 ked
07-18-2011, 03:20 PM
I use the liquid tire shine that comes in the spray bottle. cleans the rims the best, and also cleans anything plastic. lasts long too.