PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S 6Speed Trans

civicSIracer
09-01-2008, 09:34 PM
im going to buy a used trans for my 03 ep. ive talked with the seller a few times and its said to be his RSXS trans with vin tag and all. i was wondering what i can do to check and see if its a decent trans bfore i fork over the 700 bux. thanks

Brent

paulmofyourhand
09-01-2008, 10:09 PM
can't do much without it in your posession and opened.

ep-unit
09-03-2008, 11:59 PM
ask how much miles it has been

bchaney
09-04-2008, 12:52 PM
If it's still in the car go shift through all the gears.

talonXracer
09-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Unless he installed some seriously built tranny, I would be suspect as to why he removed the one he has for sale.

You could still operate the trans manually(shifter assembly), but without it being installed or apart it is hard to say if there is any damage or not. I suppose you could pull the drain plug, but if the trans wasnt stored in it's normal orientation any deposits will have moved away from the drain(usual trick), so if it looks like brand new fluid also question it. Roll the tranny to and fro, side to side, and then allow to sit with the drainplug sitting low for 5-10 minutes and check again. Also check the conditions of the axle seals.

civicSIracer
09-05-2008, 09:52 AM
sweet.. just picked it up and going for the install later today.. its going to be nice rollin around in a 6speed civic!!