PDA

View Full Version : best gauges for jrsc

j0000stin
09-01-2008, 10:37 PM
what are the best gauges to get for a jrsc besides a wide band? i bought a boost gauge but that doesn't help much haha:tehehyper:

BlownSi05
09-02-2008, 06:19 AM
well a boost/vacuum gauge is not necessary but i like to have it because i use it as somewhat of a measure to see if my belt is slipping/giving out. i know some might argue with me on this, but for me the most important gauge for any boosted car is oil pressure. an electric oil pressure gauge with the Greddy oil filter adapter is gold to me:mcool: a lot of people do air/fuel, but you have to get a wideband gauge which are expensive. and if the car is tuned, you shouldnt have to worry about a/f anyway.

blueshark123
09-02-2008, 06:48 AM
Boost gauge
Electric oil pressure
Wideband

jerseyjew
09-02-2008, 02:54 PM
You should just save your money and invest in Kpro. That is all the wideband you need to get the car tuned properly. Once tuned, you can set a lean cut limit and protect the motor.

clutch797
09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
All i ran was a boost gauge and a wideband a/f gauge. Kpro did the rest. I did not feel the need for an oil pressure since there were no oil lines to deal with. If you get a tune you really don't even need a wideband gauge imho (that is if it's tuned right).

speedking604
09-03-2008, 04:54 PM
i have boost guage just to make sure my belt isn't slipping. i do have k pro but no laptop to use for datalogging. maybe this christmas my wife would buy me one hahaha.

clutch797
09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
The way i see it and some others is like this, If you have it tuned then you should not have to worry about if it's going lean. Now on a turbo app. I always recomend a wideband.

BlownSi05
09-04-2008, 05:38 AM
You should just save your money and invest in Kpro. That is all the wideband you need to get the car tuned properly. Once tuned, you can set a lean cut limit and protect the motor.

very true statement. wideband gauge is not cheap and k-pro really eliminates the need for one.