PDA

View Full Version : A little curb rash...

EP3SiBoi90
09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Yikes!!

Ok, so today, I pulled into a drive through cause I haven't eaten anything the whole day and was too lazy to park and get out of my car. There wasn't a line so I figured, "eh, I need to get home anyways." So I pull in to the drive through, order some food and was just about to pull in to the first window when suddenly there was a "screech!" then followed by a bump to my left rear side. My mouth dropped as I was afraid to even think about what happened. So, after paying for my food and pulling over to the parking lot, I got out of my car to check out the damage, hoping that it was nothing. Unfortunately, I could see where the curb rash occurred. It's small, but definitely noticeable if you look up close.

I looked online on how to take care of this problem. But, so far, I have not read much about repairing a polished lip. All I got is to rough sand the rash, then fine sand it, followed by rough polishing and then fine polishing. Got black polished Fn01rc's btw.

Did any of you guys run into the same problem in the past? Any products you would suggest using for a polished lip? I knew it was bound to happen some day. Kinda didn't expect it to happen this soon.

Windchaser
09-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Take it to a shop. They can repair it for you and re-machine it perfectly.

EP3SiBoi90
09-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I thought of going to that route also, but it's kind of minor. I mean the rash is about the size of a dime, or dime in a half. =P

Windchaser
09-01-2008, 11:35 PM
I thought of going to that route also, but it's kind of minor. I mean the rash is about the size of a dime, or dime in a half. =P

yeah, i'm going through the same problem with my wheels, but it bugs the hell out of me LOL.

EP3SiBoi90
09-01-2008, 11:43 PM
ME TOO!!!! :mbiggrin: Haha, it's such a pet peeve of mine. I now am going to tell myself to just get my butt out of my car the next time I feel the need to eat out.

02TWSI
09-02-2008, 07:27 AM
ME TOO!!!! :mbiggrin: Haha, it's such a pet peeve of mine. I now am going to tell myself to just get my butt out of my car the next time I feel the need to eat out.

Or you can not curb it :mtongue: