PDA

View Full Version : No water on windows

iR-VTEC2
07-14-2002, 08:05 PM
Ok. So like, I wash my car right? After I washed it once, I rolled down the window and I was like *shreik!*. I hate it when you wash your car and someone rolls down the window and then back up again with water trails. But this time, there were no trails. In fact there was no water. This happens evertime!

Does this happen to anyone else and if so, was this something that was engineered or just an engineering side effect

SBC31
07-14-2002, 08:21 PM
I never really noticed since I make sure to not roll down the windows after I wash the car. (oh and I lock the passenger one)

However I think there is some known issues (from other owners) with the 02 SiR (Si) windows. I remember testing the windows of a 02 SiR in the showroom when I first ordered mine, and the drivers window made some really bad noise/rubbing when it went up and down.

I also had an occurence with my 2002 SiR, when the window got misaligned when I put it up while driving. I was going over 110kms then, plus I brought it down about 3/4's of the way (since I had let a big fart go...lol) then brought it up a few minutes later. I simply brought the window all the way down, then raised it again and it popped back in by itself. I'm new to power windows, I guess they should not be brought down when driving at high speeds. I wonder if the manual says this?

I did have problems with my 1997 Civic DX hatch driver's window, and it was a manual window. Although I may have messed that one up since I seemed to always roll it up too thight yadi, yadi, yadi, yada. Luckily that got fixed under warranty at the time.

iR-VTEC2
07-14-2002, 11:44 PM
hehehehe. Well...the next time you have to fart.........use the roof.

But yeah. I tried it again today. I washed the car and rolled down the window after i dried it. Rolled it back up and nothing. I'm trippin

SBC31
07-15-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
hehehehe. Well...the next time you have to fart.........use the roof.
Wife was in the car, and she ordered me to open the window...lol!

But yeah. I tried it again today. I washed the car and rolled down the window after i dried it. Rolled it back up and nothing. I'm trippin
Maybe our cars should be on the next David Blaine special, it's majic. But I do wonder if this is a good thing or not.

iR-VTEC2
07-15-2002, 02:36 PM
Hehehehehe. My gf just goes eeeeewwwww open the window. I lock the windows then say "you must learn to take the pleasure with the pain!!" "MUAHAHAHAHA"

THen i get hit and down comes the window

grooveline
07-15-2002, 02:38 PM
There is an unusual amount of play in the side windows when rolled down a bit on the highway.

I like the fact that you can raise and lower them straight from a car wash with out streaking them.

NetDragon
07-15-2002, 03:00 PM
:eek: Ok new subject?! j/k

So far I have not had any problems with my windows. My drivers side window is a smidge faster than my passanger. But that is not saying much. The windows is my Si are hella fast! This is also my first car with power windows. :p

02TafWhtSi
07-15-2002, 05:20 PM
My 2000 Ex would do this all the time - even hours after it was dried! I tried it w/ my Si a while ago by accident only 45 min after I washed it and there wasn't one drop or streak of water when they came back up! I'm not sure, like you said, if this was specially designed like this but it sure is nice!

eLEMENTgiRL
07-15-2002, 10:09 PM
hey everybody.. this doesn't really have to do anything with water on the wondows.. but my moonroof... is it just me or do u have to press the close button twice? when i slide open the roof all the way back.. and then closing.. it stops in the middle and i have to press it again.. just wondering.. it's just kinda annoying.. thanks :o)

SmoothOperator
07-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Elementgirl...
This has been brought up before. It's a safety feature, to ensure the moonroof isn't closed on someones head (or something). We still haven't figured out a way around it.

Anything yet honda-tech??

Hondatech
07-16-2002, 08:36 PM
DSM sez thats the way they are... no neat bypasses... I think its time for me to sit down with the wiring diagram and come up with a user-fix....

FWIW, if your windows start to go up and down slower then usual, get a can of Silicone spray lube (100% silicone is best) and spray it into the rubber run channel that the window slides up and down in. Give it a good dose into the channel, then run the window up and down a few times. Good as new!