PDA

View Full Version : i need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! badly!!!!!!!!!!!

evilomen11
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
ok heres the situation i just bought a BDl 66mm Throttle body ive installed it and everything is connected my idle is all fucked up which i understand i need to adjust thats no biggie i expected that. my reall problem is if i connect the map assy. almost instantly after starting it up i start redlining i cant figure out wtf is going on

thisisagame24
09-03-2008, 10:41 AM
thats a new one......wish i could help. good luck mang

FoReVaPmP
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Do U have K-pro???

Was the TPS sensor calibrated?

Was your throttle cable pinched or re-routed???

If you don't have K-pro you might want to look into purchasing it, THMotorsports has an already K-pro'd ECU ready to ship. (No wait time)

weltall
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
you mean the map sensor?

connecting to the TB? or the wiring itself

my question is can the map sensor get a good reading on the vaccum the car is making at idle (its a needed signal)

it is also possible that its the TPS you are connecting and the sensor is wired wrong making it seem you are at 100% throttle when in all actuality your at zero

kpro can adjust the tps scaling

evilomen11
09-04-2008, 09:35 AM
i dont have k pro wish i did and my tps is at the lowest setting possible for the car to remain running and is still idleing at 2500 rpm steadly now but still the minute i shut off the vechile and connect my map sensor it goes all hay wire we spent 8 hrs yesterday attemting to figure this shit out and still no luck im begining to question if is the throttle body itself

FoReVaPmP
09-04-2008, 09:47 AM
i dont have k pro wish i did and my tps is at the lowest setting possible for the car to remain running and is still idleing at 2500 rpm steadly now but still the minute i shut off the vechile and connect my map sensor it goes all hay wire we spent 8 hrs yesterday attemting to figure this shit out and still no luck im begining to question if is the throttle body itself

Can you take a pic of the TB and cables????....

Passenger
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Never heard of this before either, good luck man

evilomen11
09-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Can you take a pic of the TB and cables????....

ill attempt to my digital is at home and have it at my local shop the odd part is they are having almost the same problem with a rsx installing a tb just a larger bore except his is idling smoothly high but smooth i know one cable is fro cruise control right???? and BDL's customer service is outstanding:tehehyper:

weltall
09-04-2008, 01:01 PM
is it possible it isnt matched to the manifold properly

thus creating a vaccum leak

then when the map sensor is thrown into the mix(little black box that says denso) it creates the signal to the ecu fooling it into thinking your pushing down on the gas

as well as the cbales not being adjusted properly (making the body open at idle )

SinisterCivicSi
09-04-2008, 01:17 PM
the first thing that comes to mind is that your sensor is on backwards. a pic would definatly help us "see" your tb and what the setup is.

i heard this happened to someone else (similar situation, not identical) and he had a tb cable that was stuck on something. once he cleared the cable, the problem was fixed.

did you get a new tb gasket?

weltall
09-04-2008, 02:35 PM
im thinking its both a combination of a vaccum leak and confusion over the difference between what is the map sensor and the tps sensor

evilomen11
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
okay update im back on the stock throttle body but it was an error from bdl themselves my map sensor port was to large alowing air to enter and also the butterfly on wouldnt allow it to close i never thought to check it i reconnected everything back to stock and runs perfect so its a error on bdl's part thanks for all your help guys i appreciate it

Passenger
09-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Anytime :vag: