PDA

View Full Version : Tuning my Beastly k24

Deadphishy
09-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Ok fokes this is just a thread i wanted to start so i could get some pointers and feed back about tuning my k24 frank.

I've got the basics down for hondata, and i've played with the system enough to know a few of it's tricks. With that said this is what i have.

Motor

K24a1 bottom end with IB ultralight rods and 11.5/1 cp pistons (although more then likely 11.7~8/1 due to coating and block/head decking.)
k24a2 head casting with k20a2 cams and VTC gear.

I'll have my .Kal and some Datalogs up later, (It's raining right now and i made some changes that still need to be logged.)

Because E85 is all around here in Detroit i figured i would give it a shot.
So thats why the fuel tables are so high.

I started lightly tuning the car in closed loop.
Monitoring the short term fuel adjustments and making the correct fuel adjustments.
Then I set up the Idle and some light driving under open loop. and worked out any lean/rich spots there.
Then it was back to closed loop for a lot of low throttle, medium throttle ext pulls.
After i've gotten some miles on her i did some pulls without Vtec untill 6k. tuning the fuel. then pulls with only Vtec starting at 2.5k-6k. Then i took out timing everywhere it knocked. I then copied the cam angle charts from the race k24 map in kmanager, into my map. and rechecked the fuel.

Right now the car runs pretty stronge. Not as stronge as i know it could be but decent.

When i get my .Kal up i would love for everyone to take a look at it and make some of the adjustments that are standard for these motors.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Ryan

P.S.

I'm thinking of having Pure in toledo do the final dyno tune. Anyone have any experiance with them?

shadowmd
09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
awesome bro!

Deadphishy
09-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Bump for Kal being up.