PDA

View Full Version : ac compressor

ravinggoofy
09-04-2008, 04:07 AM
not sure if this is the right section to ask this.....are the ac compressors on all k-series the same....mine went out on my a3 and i see several people on other sites have some for sell for a2 or k24....just need some info on this

Tnhatch03
09-04-2008, 08:58 AM
go to the thread that has all the OEM Honda/Acura Parts and see if the part numbers are the same. i know that the condensors are different, but as far as the compressor, i would assume they are the same. do not quote me on that though.

hope this helps, somewhat. haha.

mmfusco
09-04-2008, 01:31 PM
They are not all the same. Mine went out on mine about a two months ago, i asked the same question you are. I found that they RSX type-s compressor appeared to be the same from the diagrams i could find the Base RSX has a different compressor then a ep3, if i were you i would just got to this website it links all the larger junk yards in the country together and you should be able to find one on it for you EP3 that is what i did got one for 70 shipped and works great now.

dj addicted
09-04-2008, 01:34 PM
this has come up before... im not sure about the K24s if they are a different size or whatnot, but I am running a compressor of a K20A motor that a buddy gave me since he wasn't running AC. It was the exact same size and shape, but different part numbers. It worked like a champ.

mmfusco
09-04-2008, 01:47 PM
forgot the website its car-parts.com, hope it can help you out.

ravinggoofy
09-04-2008, 02:00 PM
thanks alot guys....acutally i found a guy that has one out of a wrecked ep.....just need it quick....houston is still hot these days...lol