PDA

View Full Version : I'm on board with online tuning

clutch797
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
So i'm tired of trying to get my car to run right and I don't want to spend another $450 bucks for jason st00pid to tune it again. So i found a guy on clubrsx that dose the online tuning for a very good price and has plenty of vouches. So we will see how it gose. Ill post up my progress.

MugenReplica
09-04-2008, 09:47 AM
The Admins/moderators might be working on getting a vendor here who offers online tuning capabilities. Keep a lookout for him in the future.

T_Virus
09-04-2008, 12:13 PM
cool...:mcool:

clutch797
09-04-2008, 01:03 PM
So far so good, it's just a pita to have to go do a run, get back, upload, wait, and do it all over again.

Deadphishy
09-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Let us know about turn around time from you sending in Data logs and such. And how it works out for you

Code99Kid
09-04-2008, 02:09 PM
If you make it back to Houston again you should try Huy at Inline Racing, I hear he does a good job. but if there is someone who does online work, that would be pretty cool. Keep us informed.

AUTiger
09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
are you having magnesium do the tune? And if so are you getting the full street tune package? I am with you on that, I will most likely look to some form of online tuning soon just to get me by until I have mods that will require a professional dyno tune. Plus $87 or something like that is not bad.

ALep3
09-04-2008, 08:13 PM
I was gonna ask how much

clutch797
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Let us know about turn around time from you sending in Data logs and such. And how it works out for you

the turn around time is great. As soon as i do the log and i send it to him, he gets a new kal back to me withing 10 min. So far i'm happy. I made a mistake and started the tuning with 87oct in my tank so now i have to go fill up with 93.

clutch797
09-04-2008, 09:17 PM
are you having magnesium do the tune? And if so are you getting the full street tune package? I am with you on that, I will most likely look to some form of online tuning soon just to get me by until I have mods that will require a professional dyno tune. Plus $87 or something like that is not bad.

yea, he is doing the tune, for what he charges i figured it was worth a shot.

xplicitACTS
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I have contacted ELITE tuning via email and have yet to receive a reply back. I may hope on CRSX and look that tuner up. First to replace these junk2 cams with some BC then the tuning will begin.....Any body have a rough price list of what most usualy charge for a good online tune?

clutch797
09-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I have contacted ELITE tuning via email and have yet to receive a reply back. I may hope on CRSX and look that tuner up. First to replace these junk2 cams with some BC then the tuning will begin.....Any body have a rough price list of what most usualy charge for a good online tune?

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=586448

For the price i thought it was worth a try. So far i'm happy with it.

dragon208
09-06-2008, 11:22 AM
i'm interested in this online tuning for my car too...

is ur's fully tuned and all good to go yet clutchs?

mattism78
09-06-2008, 01:48 PM
He mentioned somewhere in his thread about raising the prices. Did you pay the higher, or the lower? I think I'm going to be using him for my tune next week.

clutch797
09-06-2008, 04:41 PM
i'm interested in this online tuning for my car too...

is ur's fully tuned and all good to go yet clutchs?

Not yet, i just filled up with 93 an hour ago so i need to go get some logs but i have been drinking so i don't think it's a good idea to do it right now. But the work he has done so far is good.

i paid 87.65 for the full tune.

EPSU3
09-06-2008, 06:41 PM
that's not bad, I might use him when I get kpro since he's only an hour away

skoolnu
09-06-2008, 09:06 PM
im in the process of doing online tuning!:mbiggrin:

clutch797
09-08-2008, 11:08 AM
I just did some more logs with the tune. I have to say this guy dose a great job.

02EP3SI
09-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Not yet, i just filled up with 93 an hour ago so i need to go get some logs but i have been drinking so i don't think it's a good idea to do it right now. But the work he has done so far is good.

i paid 87.65 for the full tune.

87.65 is for a A/F tune i beleive. Not a full tune. I may be mistaken though

I have contacted him about prices and they can range to just as much as driving to a dyno and tuning. Just depends on what you want done.

xplicitACTS
09-10-2008, 08:28 AM

I have contacted him about prices and they can range to just as much as driving to a dyno and tuning. Just depends on what you want done.

Are you refering to Elitle.......pretty pricy for what i was expecting....how does his tunes compare to the guy on CRSX?

AUTiger
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM

well according to his thread 87.65 is for a full street tune package. Taken straight from his thread: Mag, if you see this hope you don't mind.

Complete Street Tune - $85 + 3% paypal ($2.65)
Complete street tune includes the following below in order to have the best street tuned vehicle possible for power and safety without going to the dyno.

* Specially Designed Base Calibration
* Air/Fuel Tuning
* Ignition optimization
* Modest cam angle adjustments
* Part throttle(cruise) tune - isolating cam angles, A/F, idle adjustments, etc
* Fuel, Ignition, and cam angle smoothing

clutch797
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
well according to his thread 87.65 is for a full street tune package. Taken straight from his thread: Mag, if you see this hope you don't mind.

Complete Street Tune - $85 + 3% paypal ($2.65)
Complete street tune includes the following below in order to have the best street tuned vehicle possible for power and safety without going to the dyno.

* Specially Designed Base Calibration
* Air/Fuel Tuning
* Ignition optimization
* Modest cam angle adjustments
* Part throttle(cruise) tune - isolating cam angles, A/F, idle adjustments, etc
* Fuel, Ignition, and cam angle smoothing

That's what i paid and the car runs so much better now.
You can't go wrong with guy.

dragon208
09-10-2008, 08:09 PM
That's what i paid and the car runs so much better now.
You can't go wrong with guy.

currently tuning my car with him after reading your threads from the past weekend..
so far it's alrite for m.. i notice there isn't much a big spike at the high end.. smoothed out..

but i mean still got a couple more logs to finalize the tune..

let u guys know how it goes afterwards!!

Iluvcars
09-11-2008, 03:09 PM
elite tuning doesn't do "modest" cam angle tunes. He does basic to full tunes. I say send him another email. I remember him telling me he was going on vacation so he might be back. You sure you sent the email to elitetuning@aol.com ? I also wouldn't trust a 19 year old kid to do my tunes rather a guy who's got 7 years experience now with the K. He also said he can get you better then stock gas mileage.

Skoolnu, how's the tune coming along?

AUTiger
09-11-2008, 03:38 PM
i like magnesium's prices and everyone that I have seen use him are thoroughly happy with their tune. What is the price that elite charges?

skoolnu
09-11-2008, 07:05 PM
elite tuning doesn't do "modest" cam angle tunes. He does basic to full tunes. I say send him another email. I remember him telling me he was going on vacation so he might be back. You sure you sent the email to elitetuning@aol.com ? I also wouldn't trust a 19 year old kid to do my tunes rather a guy who's got 7 years experience now with the K. He also said he can get you better then stock gas mileage.

He was on Vacation, he is now back. Elite is working on a full tune for my setup. We have been working on it a while now, only because my work schedule sucks and im never in town... then when i am in town it rains like hell. That was a main reason why i looked into online tuning, Im never home. I did get a chance to take the car out to a few shows in my area while i was home. its really coming along. When fully tuned its going to be a real fun car. I highly recommend Elite.

02EP3SI
09-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I always say you get what you pay for.. Hope it all turns out great. cant wait to see the results

clutch797
09-12-2008, 12:51 AM
So far my car is running great, My mpg has gone up by 3mpg and the car pulls much better with no knocks since i installed a cai and ditched the stock box. My iat's were at or over 130 degrees so that's why the thing was knocking. So I would have to say that it was worth the 87 bucks to have this done.

Nitrofaint
09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
This online tuning sounds great!

Now are you sending him multiple data logs and he is slowly optimizing your tune after subsequent recorded runs or is it all based of one datalogged run?

clutch797
09-12-2008, 02:28 AM
This online tuning sounds great!

Now are you sending him multiple data logs and he is slowly optimizing your tune after subsequent recorded runs or is it all based of one datalogged run?

correct, he slowly optimizing your tune after subsequent recorded runs and sends your a new kal. after every log you send him.

MR.Pizza
09-12-2008, 05:15 AM
+1 for elitetuning, guaranteed a great tune with him. Plus you get niffty data based torque graphs between major cam angle changes. Anyways, hope everything works out for you clutch.

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 05:56 AM
It is cool that there is this service for those who have no clue about Kpro and just want a street tune. But dont fool yourself into thinking that this service can match the results from a proper dyno tune. I dont understand why anyone would prefer this over learning how to tune their own car, you have done 90% of the work already.

clutch797
09-12-2008, 10:03 PM
It is cool that there is this service for those who have no clue about Kpro and just want a street tune. But dont fool yourself into thinking that this service can match the results from a proper dyno tune. I dont understand why anyone would prefer this over learning how to tune their own car, you have done 90% of the work already.

The problem is, I just don't have time to do it myself or time to take it to the dyno. If i had the time i would rent a dyno and go to town, but that's just not an option.

skoolnu
09-13-2008, 08:27 AM
The problem is, I just don't have time to do it myself or time to take it to the dyno. If i had the time i would rent a dyno and go to town, but that's just not an option.

yes me and clutch are in the same boat.

kwiksi
04-16-2010, 03:43 PM

+1 for Elite.

playap07
04-22-2010, 07:58 PM
yea i got my tune from mike at elite and he did a damn good job for me. i would go back to him for a new tune since i added alot more parts on my car but i want to see my car on a dyno for a first time. +2 for elite tho!