PDA

View Full Version : ripped seat mesh...

onesickrace
09-04-2008, 01:54 PM
anyone know how to repair the black mesh that covers the seat. i noticed mine started ripping last night. right under my butt... my girl said they use clear nail polish for repairing runs in panty hose... but i think that like super glue on fabric it might make the fabric hard where the nail polish is... anyone else have any ideas?!

OPTIMISE
09-04-2008, 09:56 PM
anyone know how to repair the black mesh that covers the seat. i noticed mine started ripping last night. right under my butt... my girl said they use clear nail polish for repairing runs in panty hose... but i think that like super glue on fabric it might make the fabric hard where the nail polish is... anyone else have any ideas?!

get some JDM recaros. fixed/

onesickrace
09-05-2008, 01:15 AM
love the idea, dont so much on the price.. hahaha.. they look killer though...

benkieboy
09-05-2008, 07:53 AM
i think i am starting to have this problem too. bump for you

skep18
09-05-2008, 08:02 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52163

I wrote a DIY on my seat tear. IDK if its your exact situation, but mine worked 100%. The tear isn't spreading at all and you can't even really see it was ever there. The glue I used (listed in DIY) was made for fabrics and dries clear. Leaves absolutely no "white chalky" residue. As far as the hard drying issue, the glue is more like a gel substance. When it dries, it's more like old hard jello feeling. but again, tape it off, and it minimizes the amount on the seat.

Either way, better than buying new seats or letting the problem get worse.

Hope that helps.

SinisterCivicSi
09-05-2008, 09:03 AM
clear nail polish is a good temporary fix and very cost effective. however, it cannot be removed from the material once its placed but it should definatly keep the material from tearing further.

check ebay for seat covers.... from time to time you might find oem covers on there... i have in the past and they go pretty cheap. another idea is to put up a wanted add for OEM ep3 seats... you can get them relatively cheap now a days, and people are always selling their seats due to upgrades.

keep us posted, best of luck with your seats.

Kerby
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
get some JDM recaros. fixed/

bride, or corbeau will work too!:mcool:

onesickrace
09-05-2008, 10:49 AM
i like to jump the gun on these things. i grew up skateboarding using shoe goo on my shoes to keep them from tearing up to quick,,,well that stuff sucks and is more of a mess, so we started using super glue. highly toxic while its drying to the shoestrings... but it worked. so i bought some clear nail polish, tried that and i didnt like it so i got out the super glue and well.. its a done deal. its hard like i knew it would be but its also dried to a dark color...similar to the seat itself... it will work i suppose... plus its barely visable. im the guy that pulls his floor mats out everyday to knock off any dirt dust or debris because i hate anything thats not supposed to be in the car. my girlfriend has a 6 year old kid,,, he doesnt go anywhere in the car... thats what our crv is for. hahahahaha

thanks though guys... i have searched for stock seat but havin a little trouble finding them... id like to buy a set for 10 years down the road when the bolsters are ripped and tattered... any sites that are better than others for that?

Kerby
09-05-2008, 10:52 AM
car-parts.com