PDA

View Full Version : My exhaust choice...Input please

Amoney47
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
im selling my tic cause the piping is quit large and its pretty deep and to be honest i dont think i got power out of it.

so heres my thought...im sellin it for 400 and im going to pick up a new WS2 from apexi for 385 and it has smaller piping hopefully enough for my sway bar to clear..do any of you know of power gains from it or should i get something else.

sleepy_ep
09-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Don't expect to feel any gains from just an exhaust in itself.

I say go for the Toda exhaust, but thats my 2 cents :mwink:

firmk20
09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
I know that i speak for a few people on this site when i say that exhaust upgrades are good but to really get any power gains u will have to buy a few more things like kpro, cai, headers, or just swap the motor for a k24, or k20. I spent like over roughly 1500 on just exhaust trying to find the right sound and hp gains. im happy with the greddy evo 2, didnt care for the ws2 when i had it and the magna flow can i had was way to loud. Take some time and think about what your future plans are for the car so u dont continue to waste money like i did and still am, lol but its all good. you tube is great for sound clips as well.

makavelibranded
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
ya an exhaust is an exhaust your not going to feel mutch from it

Amoney47
09-05-2008, 02:02 PM
that is true ..i do have a header and a cai..but i need a ws2 cause it looks kinda stock and the popo wont be on my ass.

future mods are reflash and jrsc street kit

icarus.na
09-05-2008, 02:06 PM
have you looked into kteller exhaust systems?

Amoney47
09-05-2008, 02:08 PM
no i have not

chuck83
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
i didnt feel any gains from my WS2.. i think if you want to stay quiet try to find a Greddy SP2, i think they flow better.

xplicitACTS
09-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Just curious why noone goes to a good exhaust shop and has a complete custom exhaust built, and settles for already built online pieces.

talonXracer
09-05-2008, 06:31 PM
I made big gains with my custom exhaust with loop muffler over the DC Sports typical fart can exhaust. Anybody who has heard my car can vouche for it's very pleasant tone and volume. It was a little more expensive than your average commercial exhaust, but far cheaper than say a new Mugen loop exhaust.

Here is a dyno sheet of the gains
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/retunedynograph.jpg

Amoney47
09-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I made big gains with my custom exhaust with loop muffler over the DC Sports typical fart can exhaust. Anybody who has heard my car can vouche for it's very pleasant tone and volume. It was a little more expensive than your average commercial exhaust, but far cheaper than say a new Mugen loop exhaust.

Here is a dyno sheet of the gains
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/retunedynograph.jpg

thats a big gain
maybe custom it is

Draw7Seven
09-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Also, the plan of putting a "street kit" on the engine is going to take a lot of flaming on the site, too, simply because we've seen what the JRSC-S has to offer. The race kit is completely worth the price difference, from those who have tried both. But yeah, I'd say the exhaust will not grant you gains until you've got more feeding into it (i.e. serious mods up front under the hood).

xplicitACTS
09-06-2008, 05:28 AM
I made big gains with my custom exhaust with loop muffler over the DC Sports typical fart can exhaust.

Pics or image of this?

makavelibranded
09-06-2008, 12:12 PM
if you can afford it get the race kit w/kpro

and idk if reflash and the street kit would work together

Bificus
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Greddy Sp2 is discontinued. What about the Tanabe exhausts?

civiCholo
09-08-2008, 09:12 AM
go custom... i'm thinking about ditchin' my N1 and going custom...

civicSIracer
09-08-2008, 12:40 PM
ill trade you for an HKS hipower

SiR R8TD
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
have you looked into kteller exhaust systems?

I've just ordered a K-Teller 2.5" mid-pipe & I am coupling it w/ a Magnaflow res & OBX Twin-loop muffler. I'll get some pics & sounds clips when it's all done.

MaxBoost
09-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I know that i speak for a few people on this site when i say that exhaust upgrades are good but to really get any power gains u will have to buy a few more things like kpro, cai, headers, or just swap the motor for a k24, or k20. I spent like over roughly 1500 on just exhaust trying to find the right sound and hp gains. im happy with the greddy evo 2, didnt care for the ws2 when i had it and the magna flow can i had was way to loud. Take some time and think about what your future plans are for the car so u dont continue to waste money like i did and still am, lol but its all good. you tube is great for sound clips as well.

i agree with you, i started out with a HKS hi-power but got pulled over too much for being loud, and on long trips, it got real annoying after hearing it for hours. then i switched to a Apex-I WS II, it was nice but not deep enough for me, i was going to buy a Tanabe version of the WS but i just kept my stock exhaust and love it, i don't know why i spent all that money to go back to stock. maybe i'm just getting old.. LOL

whitt
09-09-2008, 09:21 PM
i agree with you, i started out with a HKS hi-power but got pulled over too much for being loud, and on long trips, it got real annoying after hearing it for hours. then i switched to a Apex-I WS II, it was nice but not deep enough for me, i was going to buy a Tanabe version of the WS but i just kept my stock exhaust and love it, i don't know why i spent all that money to go back to stock. maybe i'm just getting old.. LOL

You are right man exhaust is kinda a pain. I don't want to choke my car, but I hate the noise and attention. I have 2.5 in piping, but want to mate it to my stock axleback, but not sure how to do it right, or if it will make my car perform like ass.

shadowmd
09-10-2008, 10:14 AM
yea i've personally had 10 exhausts on my ep (prob. the most on this forum lol). my fav. was my t1r 63mm (sold it when i was gonna go turbo) but now i have the buddy club pro-spec with the buddy club race header. i like it a lot. its my 2nd fav. setup. its a lil loud, but not too bad. no real highway drone either which is important to me lol