PDA

View Full Version : CTR Lights

SPEEDEP
11-27-2002, 05:41 PM
Will the CTR headlights fit into the U.S. bumper. I spoke to a local dealer and they are able to get them. I don't want to mod the bumper though!!

CgSi
11-27-2002, 05:59 PM
YES

SPEEDEP
11-27-2002, 06:04 PM
THANKS

Odyssey Mini ME
11-28-2002, 03:29 AM
be aware:
jdm headlights shine for a left side driver like people in japan. the beam pattern will be all whacked, visisbility on dark straight 2lane roads is harsh man. trust me. they look nice, but the beam pattern isn't meant to be used in america... please check out the link below b4 u go buying headlights.

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/general-faq.htm

theres a section about JDM headlights, so buyer beware.

SPEEDEP
11-28-2002, 07:26 AM
I was going to get the CTR lights and a set of HIDS from Xenondepot.com. I was thinking that with the HIDs i would make up for the beam loss. I just dont have the balls to open my stock lights. I don't want them to leak orfog up!

Odyssey Mini ME
11-28-2002, 03:09 PM
hids will help the beam BUT xenondepot prices are a lil high. i can get 4300k or 6000k using all phillips without a prob for a lil cheaper. i've used about 5 different setups. so im quite familiar with hid conversions. what kelvin temp are u getting your kit? can u aim the "left/right" of the headlight focus reflectoir?

SPEEDEP
11-28-2002, 05:33 PM
Im getting the 6000k system. Your price may be better but I live in Canada and that just kills me on shipping. For me to order your set will end up costing me more. Xenondepot is like 5 min from my work.

Odyssey Mini ME
11-28-2002, 06:53 PM
since its 5 mins from ur work. let me know how much USD will it be TOTAL for everything u need from them for a 6000k kit? i'll check my company down here and find out shipping rates.

FiZZ-EP3
11-28-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Odyssey Mini ME
be aware:
jdm headlights shine for a left side driver like people in japan. the beam pattern will be all whacked, visisbility on dark straight 2lane roads is harsh man. trust me. they look nice, but the beam pattern isn't meant to be used in america... please check out the link below b4 u go buying headlights.

http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/general-faq.htm

theres a section about JDM headlights, so buyer beware.

TRUST YOU??? Do you know for a fact the Type R headlights are "harsh on a dark straight 2-lane road"?? I had the Type R headlights on my EP3 and by no means were they HARSH. They were same as stock lights, i noticed absolutely NO difference between the 2 and i drive late at night on "dark straight 2-lane roads". The lighting was absolutely fine...I had NO problem at all seeing way ahead of me. So if you don't personally have Type R headlights on your EP3, don't post a message like that.

Odyssey Mini ME
11-30-2002, 04:05 AM
well i didn't create that website/link, i mearly found it on the net, and posted it up to "BUYER BEWARE" him. it was like a good looking out dumbshit. sorry, yes i have half a brain to NOT spend hundreds on some headlights that shine with a JAPANESE BEAM PATTERN. i spent it on hid conversion. while i can see the road 10 times better than u in rain or shine. i hope u can keep up with them headlights lighting up the sidewalk.

FiZZ-EP3
11-30-2002, 06:51 PM
I can see PERFECTLY fine and MUCH better than you with my JDM Type R HID headlights.:confused: :p

fishboy
12-02-2002, 12:42 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahah. that was a good burn, fizz. top notch. you are the man. so clever.

Dunrick
12-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Howcome you guys just dont make your lights into the CTR lights? Get some black paint and a oven!!! its a lot cheaper...and the lights will shine correctly on the road.

modern-perf
12-04-2002, 08:20 PM
Because genuine JDM Type R lights are NOT BLACK. They are black chrome and really only a little darker than the US lights. IMO, the black painted housings I have seen look funny.

Also, my lights do point into oncoming traffic because they are JDM for a RHD car, but I can still see just fine.