PDA

View Full Version : So..How much? And should I?

Zavy
09-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I am getting ready to get all the exterior done on my car and i am wanting to get it painted.... It is Black right now and I am thinking of going with White. My Question is How much do you think it should cost to have my car prepped and painted?

Should i change from black to white? or just get the Black Paint touched up?

KrypTOniTE
09-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Go with Matt black... or M3 black... well if you want to go with a professional paint job it will cost you around $2,000-$3,000... worth it tho... if you just want a ok paint that will fade or chip in about 3 months go with Macco.:mconfused:$800.. tops..

xplicitACTS
09-05-2008, 06:45 PM
No matter what color....IMHO it looks like ass unless you paint the engine bay/door jams the same color.

Zavy
09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
No matter what color....IMHO it looks like ass unless you paint the engine bay/door jams the same color.

Oh snap... yeah i didn't think about that!:mfrown:

KrypTOniTE

yea $$ will cost you if u want the engine bay painted and the repairs....
Macco will do paint, door dings, and repairs for under a grand..
I prefer a Good Body Shop. Pay $2500 for a excellent PJ.. Would look like just bought the car..

MELLO

^agreed.. .

Mini-Odyssey05
09-07-2008, 10:19 AM
yep... id say if you didnt have to, don't do it unless you got the money to flaunt. My car used to be black and i loved it. But I HAD to get a new paint job, so i decided to change it up then. changing it to milano red cost me 3500... but that included bodywork, lip kit, jams, partly the engine bay and re clear coating a carbon fiber hood.

mattism78
09-07-2008, 10:36 AM

QFT. Nothing crappier looking then a nice smooth looking car with mis-matched jams. I was watching an episode of Unique Whips and they were about to deliver a car to it's owner. They're walking around bragging about all the customized work and then then they opened a door.... Factory jams:tehehyper:

JDMtunerEP3
09-07-2008, 02:26 PM
yea $$ will cost you if u want the engine bay painted and the repairs....
Macco will do paint, door dings, and repairs for under a grand..
I prefer a Good Body Shop. Pay $2500 for a excellent PJ.. Would look like just bought the car..

Yea Macco is pure garbage!

I've never seen anything look good or last long out of their shops.

But if you want a good paint job than you are looking at 2500-5000 for everything to match up and be detrimmed properly.