PDA

View Full Version : Tein Suspention

SPEEDEP
11-27-2002, 05:49 PM
Has anyone tried this setup. I was thinking of going with the TYPE FLEX CONTROL MASTER.
It has :
Separate settings of the height and pre-load.
Compatible with the EDFC (electronic dampining force controller)
If you have any info or a better idea let me know.

Jdmk20
11-29-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by SPEEDEP
Has anyone tried this setup. I was thinking of going with the TYPE FLEX CONTROL MASTER.
It has :

I have this set up on my car and I love it. The first time i lowered my car i used eibach sportlines and they did not drop my car as much as i wanted, so i went with skunk2 coilovers, and did not like the way my car rode at at all, so i went ahead and kicked the cash down for the tein, and I love them. Not only is my car slammed to the ground, but it handles like i replaced the sway bars also. It is the best investment i have made so far. I recomend them highly. The best price i got was from jotech motorsports. (972) 278-9744 ask for mike or andrew they will hook you up and tell them that Carlos sent you.

TightEP3
11-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Jdmk20

I have this set up on my car and I love it. The first time i lowered my car i used eibach sportlines and they did not drop my car as much as i wanted, so i went with skunk2 coilovers, and did not like the way my car rode at at all, so i went ahead and kicked the cash down for the tein, and I love them. Not only is my car slammed to the ground, but it handles like i replaced the sway bars also. It is the best investment i have made so far. I recomend them highly. The best price i got was from jotech motorsports. (972) 278-9744 ask for mike or andrew they will hook you up and tell them that Carlos sent you.

thats sounds really good...I also want to be able to slam my car to the ground but still have good shock travel and i know full threaded bodies will be the way to go...i'm either gettin the tein or the jic setup when it comes out...can u post pics of your car?
thanks.

ray

SPEEDEP
11-29-2002, 03:37 PM
I just installed the tein suspention. It is worth every dollar. I had Skunk 2 on my old eg6 with koni. They cant compare to the Tein

Jdmk20
11-29-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by TightEP3

thats sounds really good...I also want to be able to slam my car to the ground but still have good shock travel and i know full threaded bodies will be the way to go...i'm either gettin the tein or the jic setup when it comes out...can u post pics of your car?
thanks.

ray

I will try to post pics of my car this weekend for you to see.

!@#$%
11-30-2002, 07:13 PM
yes please post pics. Im thinking of buying this setup as early as next week. :D

yomamaInMySi
12-02-2002, 07:17 AM

Did you have to do an alignment after you installed your system? And if so, was toe adjustment need it?

IceD out N CALI
12-02-2002, 07:22 AM

Teins slammed? I gotta see this. pics please

Jdmk20
12-02-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi

Did you have to do an alignment after you installed your system? And if so, was toe adjustment need it?

Yes my car does need an alignment, but I am going to put an ingals camber kit on first before I get my car aligned.

yomamaInMySi
12-02-2002, 08:31 AM
Yes, but is your steering wheel out of alignment, meaning the toe and so forth?

Jdmk20
12-02-2002, 08:37 AM
Yes, but is your steering wheel out of alignment, meaning the toe and so forth?
the steering wheel is a little off, but the car seems to go straight and not veer off to one side. The front seems ok, but the rear has a bit of camber that needs to be adjusted. On the front as far as toe goes i can't tell but once i get the alignment done this week i will be able to tell you exactly what was off.

yomamaInMySi
12-02-2002, 08:47 AM
I got B&G coilover on my car and the car pulls a little to the left even after the alignment. They told me that the toe was off, that's why I was asking. Do you think I need to take back and redo the alignment?

Jdmk20
12-02-2002, 08:51 AM
I got B&G coilover on my car and the car pulls a little to the left even after the alignment. They told me that the toe was off, that's why I was asking. Do you think I need to take back and redo the alignment?
if it is off lik that even after the alignment, I would suggest the ingals camber kit for the front, it only costs $30 (for the front and $130 for the rear) and is going to save your tires.

yomamaInMySi
12-02-2002, 08:54 AM
But isn't that for the camber, I thought that the pulling had to do with the with the toe?

Jdmk20
12-02-2002, 09:05 AM
But isn't that for the camber, I thought that the pulling had to do with the with the toe?
it is adjustable both way to some degree.

yomamaInMySi
12-02-2002, 09:08 AM
I don't understand what you're saying. How can it be adjustable both ways? I thought that you can only adjust camber with ingals or spc. The toe is adjustable by the tie rod ends!!

Jdmk20
12-02-2002, 09:11 AM
I don't understand what you're saying. How can it be adjustable both ways? I thought that you can only adjust camber with ingals or spc. The toe is adjustable by the tie rod ends!!
What i was told was that with this kit I could adjust camber and toe, so i don't know if the info given to me was wrong.

yomamaInMySi
12-02-2002, 09:17 AM
You are talking about the ingals EZ camber kit right? If that's the case I don't see how the adjustment of toe is possible, but then again I am not sure either. Also do you get any noise at all coming from the back shocks, like squeaking or any other noise?

Jdmk20
12-02-2002, 01:08 PM
You are talking about the ingals EZ camber kit right? If that's the case I don't see how the adjustment of toe is possible, but then again I am not sure either. Also do you get any noise at all coming from the back shocks, like squeaking or any other noise?
Again that is what i was told so i can't say that is right or wrong. As far as the noise thing goes no i don't get any noise or squeeking from the rear.

Moose
12-04-2002, 03:31 AM
In case anyone needs the front camber kit, I can ship send them to you for $23 shipped.

PM me if interested.

dohcivtec02
12-04-2002, 04:59 PM
I have this set up on my car and I love it. The first time i lowered my car i used eibach sportlines and they did not drop my car as much as i wanted, so i went with skunk2 coilovers, and did not like the way my car rode at at all, so i went ahead and kicked the cash down for the tein, and I love them. Not only is my car slammed to the ground, but it handles like i replaced the sway bars also. It is the best investment i have made so far. I recomend them highly. The best price i got was from jotech motorsports. (972) 278-9744 ask for mike or andrew they will hook you up and tell them that Carlos sent you. How much was the Tein setup?

Jdmk20
12-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by dohcivtec02
How much was the Tein setup?

I paid $2000 installed including the EDFC. Tein type flex with EDFC.

Moose
12-04-2002, 11:32 PM

I paid $2000 installed including the EDFC. Tein type flex with EDFC.

Do you have any pictures of the EDFC and the mounting location of it? If not, at least tell us where you had this unit mounted and the level of difficutly in routing the necessary wire(s) to the interior through the firewall. <pardon the run-on sentence>

IceD out N CALI
12-05-2002, 12:39 AM
whats up with the pics?

!@#$%
12-06-2002, 03:53 AM
bump....i wanna see the pics! :D

myeverlovinsir
12-06-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by SPEEDEP
It has :

Will be getting these in FEB.
I know someone will get these soon. I am
already sold. So wait for me.

BTW: It will be 2400 CND bucks all around and lovin every minuite
of em. Rims will be bronze subs, another 1500 CND including tires, so pls don't spoil my fun. tks:eek:

JoshSI
12-06-2002, 08:48 AM
I was thiunking about buying the SS kit for my EP what do you think? Right now i have GCs and I was planning on buying some Koni's but i dont really like the ride and all the noise that my GCs are making. I really want a comfortable ride but then I can adjust it on the track to harden things out. What do you think?

SPEEDEP
12-06-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by myeverlovinsir

Will be getting these in FEB.
I know someone will get these soon. I am
already sold. So wait for me.

BTW: It will be 2400 CND bucks all around and lovin every minuite
of em. Rims will be bronze subs, another 1500 CND including tires, so pls don't spoil my fun. tks:eek:

Where did you order yours from? I looked around and the best price i got was at KHF. They are direct with JIC SKUNK MUGEN OMP TEIN. I think im going to do all of my shoping there. I want high quality JDM. Check out the car they have in ther booth at Importfest this weekend. I saw it last night at there shop all c west full JDM.

1 fstr si
12-08-2002, 09:34 PM
for those of you who have the tein flex and EDFC in your cars, could you post for me the part numbers and prices for each thing i will be needing for the kit and possibly prices. and also could you post phone numbers and possibly a persons name whom i should talk to and maybe even a reference name. thanks alot.

!@#$%
12-09-2002, 09:56 PM
i hope these links work

Tein flex setup (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=TEIN-DSA12-6USS1&variation=&aitem=2&mitem=26&back=yes&dept=1482)

EDFC (http://www.optauto.com/webstore/product_information.asp?number=TEIN-EDK01-12120&variation=&aitem=15&mitem=17&back=yes)

Jpax
12-09-2002, 11:21 PM
so were are the pictures?

!@#$%
12-10-2002, 01:28 AM
i think he may be bluffing, i know that for 2000 that wouldnt even cover parts. and ive heard of jotech charging up to 150 just to install and intake...... unless i see pics im gonna have to call BS.

Moose
12-11-2002, 01:38 PM
I hate posting "For Sale" stuff in a non-corresponding post, so I'm adding a link where you can read more about this awsome offer:

Tien Type Flex Offer (click here) (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5845&highlight=type+flex)

Jdmk20
12-14-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
so were are the pictures?

The pics are coming i just got my digital camera back. and as far as them (jotech) being expensive on labor, you get what you pay for. It only cost me $75 to get my tein installed, it ussualy runs $150.

Jdmk20
12-14-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i think he may be bluffing, i know that for 2000 that wouldnt even cover parts. and ive heard of jotech charging up to 150 just to install and intake...... unless i see pics im gonna have to call BS.

Don't be jealous because you can't afford the shit and you had to cut your springs to lower your car. I put the phone # to jotech and my name on there so if you don't believe me then you can call them to find out about the tein. I can't gurantee you to get the same price as me but i do have them and i did get them for that price.

IceD out N CALI
12-14-2002, 05:38 PM
fair enough we are jus all eager to see how it looks:)

!@#$%
12-14-2002, 07:32 PM
okaaay settle down. i was just saying BS to try and make u post pics. I'll have the setup when i get my income tax first thing this april.

Jdmk20
12-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
fair enough we are jus all eager to see how it looks:)

Here are the pics as promised. Sorry it took so long.

Jdmk20
12-15-2002, 02:39 PM
another.

Jdmk20
12-15-2002, 02:41 PM
with edfc off to show the adjustment

Jdmk20
12-15-2002, 02:43 PM
pic

TightEP3
12-15-2002, 03:04 PM
pic

looks very good....but can the front drop more? and are those 18's?

IceD out N CALI
12-15-2002, 03:26 PM
looks nice-thanks for the pics

Jdmk20
12-15-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by TightEP3

looks very good....but can the front drop more? and are those 18's?
yes 18's, Yes thats the lowest you can go. the exhuast is about an inch from the ground. dont think you want to go lower. I also have skunk2 exhaust:D

yomamaInMySi
12-16-2002, 08:24 AM

yes 18's, Yes thats the lowest you can go. the exhuast is about an inch from the ground. dont think you want to go lower. I also have skunk2 exhaust:D

Do you have a camber kit? It looks really neg on the rear! Nice ride though, I like those rollers too. How much did you pay for the wheels and where did you get them from.

OrganDonar 8=D
12-16-2002, 03:27 PM
that looks soooooo f@cking tight !!
i can't wait till mine come in.
question: do u have a strut tower brace? and does it or do u think one will fit easily w/ edfc installed?
bad ass pics bro. good choice on the rims

Jdmk20
12-16-2002, 06:58 PM

Do you have a camber kit? It looks really neg on the rear! Nice ride though, I like those rollers too. How much did you pay for the wheels and where did you get them from.

no the camber kit is on the way, but i am going to have to raise the car in the back to put it on, because the rear is tucked. I got my wheels from Jotech (972) 278-9744. They will be able to give you a price. :D

mental
12-18-2002, 01:42 PM
i got tein coilovers and koni yellow struts with a tien camber kit and my car handles like a fuken "G" i love it! get the coilovers and then get the koni yellow struts and youll find out this setup is truly track worthy!!!:p :eek:

yomamaInMySi
12-18-2002, 01:45 PM
How did you get a camber kit from Tein? Do they make one, and if so, from who did you get it from?

Jdmk20
12-18-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by mental
i got tein coilovers and koni yellow struts with a tien camber kit and my car handles like a fuken "G" i love it! get the coilovers and then get the koni yellow struts and youll find out this setup is truly track worthy!!!:p :eek:

You are full of SHIT, because Tein does not make a coilover kit that you can put different shocks on, and they don't make a camber kit. They do make pillowball mounts, but they are not available for our cars, unless you get the flex system, so like I said you are full of SHIT. :confused:

yomamaInMySi
12-19-2002, 06:47 AM

You are full of SHIT, because Tein does not make a coilover kit that you can put different shocks on, and they don't make a camber kit. They do make pillowball mounts, but they are not available for our cars, unless you get the flex system, so like I said you are full of SHIT. :confused:

That's what I thought. I didn't think they made camber kit. I knew they make pillow mounts, but that's only for their coilover systems. Plus why in the world would you want to destroy a 1700 dollar systems to put konis on? It doesn't make any sense.

!@#$%
12-19-2002, 10:44 PM
tein > koni

Jpax
12-20-2002, 08:00 PM
car looks great.