PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy the TODA Timing Chain Tensioner?

xplicitACTS
09-07-2008, 05:59 AM
Need a place that has a good price as well as quick customer service....and does not take 2 weeks to get me my parts.

shadowmd
09-07-2008, 06:15 AM
corsportusa.com

Mugen Dom
09-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Need a place that has a good price as well as quick customer service....and does not take 2 weeks to get me my parts.

why do you NEED it? I know theres a DIY to make a stock one function the same way on k20a.org

talonXracer
09-07-2008, 07:01 AM
The Toda TCT will not help a stcok angine at all. Now if you do decide to add a set of cam's then the modified TCT from Raz is a better bet.

2004ep3hatch
09-07-2008, 07:24 AM
The Toda TCT will not help a stcok angine at all. Now if you do decide to add a set of cam's then the modified TCT from Raz is a better bet.

I have it :)

xplicitACTS
09-07-2008, 01:54 PM

As of now I have stage 2 junk2 cams and swapping them out for the BC cams. I also am going to go ahead and replace a butchered(thanks to the S2 cams) tensioner. Anyone have a link to the RAZ TCT? How much?....and is it similar to Chunky's where the tune has to be retarded?

talonXracer
09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Raz=Chunky

His modified TCT doesnt require a neuter'd tune to use, that is just to keep the Junk2 cams for the A2 from destroying the engine. Nothing to do with the A3 cams(though the modded TCT is good insurance with any big cam).

xplicitACTS
09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Raz=Chunky

His modified TCT doesnt require a neuter'd tune to use, that is just to keep the Junk2 cams for the A2 from destroying the engine. Nothing to do with the A3 cams(though the modded TCT is good insurance with any big cam).

If that is the case then I have pmed Chunky several times in the last two-three weeks on that matter. I have also tried to get in contact with him on CRSX with no luck. The car I have has been seen and worked on by Chunky, so I know that he knows this car. I am just trying to get things swapped out to make it more realible without having to worry about the TCT failing. I am already getting that gridding noise at low RPMS due to the S2 cams and a failing tensioner. I read somewhere that with the stiffer springs in Chunky's Tensioner that some things have to be retarded in the tune.....swap is a K20A.