PDA

View Full Version : what aftermarket tires?

redlineracing
11-27-2002, 10:14 PM
just wondering what kind of aftermarket tires anyone has and what kind of complaints and compliments you guys had on them.
EDIT: I would like to here from mostly guys on the stock wheels or 16" wheels thanks
I'm grateful on whatever drives me away from the stock tires!!

Thanks

Chris

pocketrocket
11-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Kumho Ecsta 712's are what I run. Cheap, and damn good for the money. Also some decent rubber is the Falken Azenis' .. also a good buy... For looks, the Azenis or Yokohama Parada Spec 2 is where it's at... But the original Parada didn't fare so well in reviews. If price is no object, check out the BFGoodrich G-Force line.

Good Luck, and keep the rubber side down.

-PR

redlineracing
11-28-2002, 07:38 AM
thanks man I appreciate the advice.

goy091
11-28-2002, 02:42 PM
i just ordered a set of 205/50/16's Kumho 712's for my wheels comming in. i have had them on my old GSR in 205/50/15, they are a great tire for the money, fairly good dry and wet traction, but they are not a race tire. they are however great for daily driving and spirited driving ie; mountains =). if you want something a bit stickier for around the same price Yokohama has the AVS ES100 or Parada Spec 2's.

xlr8
11-28-2002, 02:48 PM
i have toyo t1s tires on my 17s and i love them. they stick great and they are even better when its wet. i have falken azenis's on my stock rims, but they dont come in the correct size so the speedo is off when running those. those tires are amazing, but they wear very fast