PDA

View Full Version : 10 character rule is wack!

Guardian
09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
c'mon you cant even post bump or a smiley with out adding a bunch of dot dot dots

FoReVaPmP
09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
:msmile:10

ep3moschini
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
F the 10 character limit. . . and the post limiter. . . what is this crap

MugsyTheGr8
09-08-2008, 05:47 PM
:mmad:
i hate this shit too. im gonna start posting little shit in white letters in all my short post expressing my distaste for the rule

D3xn2o
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
There's a limiter?:mrolleyes:

Strife
09-08-2008, 06:09 PM
I understand the point, as every post should contain something constructive. But I feel that whoever made this decision didn't think about it thoroughly. There's some instances in which it would just be irritating and a pain in the ass.

I wish EPHatch would stop trying to set so many rules and regulations, I realize it's what sets this forum apart from others. But it's starting to feel less fun and more like fascism. :mrolleyes:

SinisterCivicSi
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
takes 3 and a third of pie to complete a post.. it's perfect to me

*thread reopened - thanks for your patience*

we found another way to fix the issue at hand. so the limiter will be reversed. thank you for the reminder.

the limiter has been lowered. the amount of postwhoring on the site was getting out of hand, so we were trying different ways of getting it under some control.

does anyone have any questions to any changes going on?

jerseyjew
09-08-2008, 07:26 PM
awesomest!

Alex857
09-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I think its alright. I mean..maybe its just me but every board ive been on or whatever, i dont think ive ever only posted one word or smiley lol

BobSassafrass
09-08-2008, 07:44 PM
I get tired of sifting through 40 posts of smileys and one words just to find the few that have relevant information. It's kind of rediculous how many people get there post count up that way.

creamSODA
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
nice.

iLLoGiCaL
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Passenger
09-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Guardian
09-08-2008, 09:52 PM
bump5

icarus.na
09-08-2008, 10:18 PM
at least we have active moderators that actually do their job!

L337Ep3
09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
I wish EPHatch would stop trying to set so many rules and regulations, I realize it's what sets this forum apart from others. But it's starting to feel less fun and more like fascism. :mrolleyes:

Fucking aye. I find myself visiting more and more other Honda forums rather than this one. I understand some of the rules, but a few of them are pretty ridiculous. Is making a ten character minimum really going to help with post whoring that much? (I know that it is no longer in effect, just using that as an example.)

shadowmd
09-09-2008, 04:28 AM
c'mon you cant even post bump or a smiley with out adding a bunch of dot dot dots

...... (lol)

talonXracer
09-09-2008, 04:40 AM
Fucking aye. I find myself visiting more and more other Honda forums rather than this one. I understand some of the rules, but a few of them are pretty ridiculous. Is making a ten character minimum really going to help with post whoring that much? (I know that it is no longer in effect, just using that as an example.)

What rules do you find ridiculous?

And yes the postwhoring was so far out of control it wasnt funny, when some punk is replying to 20 posts a day with nothing but smilies and 3 letter replies just to sell crap. These rules are not brought about to make your life difficult, it is to protect you and others from douchebags and scam artists. (though the 10 character limit did make it a pain for the ones who have followed the rules).

And as stated before, if you have a legitimate concern, then send a mod or admin a pm and we can discuss it. We are not gonna jump your shit or anything for making suggestions(as long as they are not nasty:tehehyper:)LOL

SinisterCivicSi
09-09-2008, 05:19 AM
I get tired of sifting through 40 posts of smileys and one words just to find the few that have relevant information. It's kind of rediculous how many people get there post count up that way.

not anymore. :mwink: we found a more effective way to fix the postwhores. so far so good.

at least we have active moderators that actually do their job!

:bow:

we take our site seriously, and thats why its so successful. nuff said. :mbiggrin:

What rules do you find ridiculous?

And yes the postwhoring was so far out of control it wasnt funny, when some punk is replying to 20 posts a day with nothing but smilies and 3 letter replies just to sell crap. These rules are not brought about to make your life difficult, it is to protect you and others from douchebags and scam artists. (though the 10 character limit did make it a pain for the ones who have followed the rules).

And as stated before, if you have a legitimate concern, then send a mod or admin a pm and we can discuss it. We are not gonna jump your shit or anything for making suggestions(as long as they are not nasty:tehehyper:)LOL

and its a mute point to bring up something that no longer exists as a rule... kinda like :horse:

and golan loves the nasty pm's... keeps him busy at work.

seriously though, the staff here are here to help - so if there is a concern, gripe, or you just need to vent, we are here. *DISCLAIMER* this does not mean you act like an asshat either.... most all situations can be discussed in an adult manner without being rude. rude will only get your pm deleted, you black-listed (or worse) and basically - ignored. we all enjoy healthy discussion. :mbiggrin:

AND staff shouldnt be dismissing your concern or being rude because you have a legitimate question or concern... if this is happening then i or oogy-boogy need to be told.

Strife
09-09-2008, 05:36 AM
Great replies mods. Glad to see you guys replying back, listening to what members have to say and trying your best to accommodate. Thanks. :mcool:

FoReVaPmP
09-09-2008, 05:57 AM
Great replies mods. Glad to see you guys replying back, listening to what members have to say and trying your best to accommodate. Thanks. :mcool:

I wanna accomodate you :golan:

Kodeen
09-09-2008, 06:11 AM
werdyo

FoReVaPmP
09-09-2008, 06:53 AM
:tehehe:

oogy-boogy
09-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Ear are always open people. Either pm one of us or post up in the site q forum.

MugsyTheGr8
09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
this is why i love ephatch. the mods actually care about what the users think and take action. e-hugs for everybody

SinisterCivicSi
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
:hay:

:grouphug:

oogy-boogy
09-09-2008, 11:17 AM
this is why i love ephatch. the mods actually care about what the users think and take action. e-hugs for everybody

XOXOXOXOXOXO

:yeahbaby:

CivilEngSI
09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I think they implemented it because I would post a :gary: in every other thread. :mbiggrin:

ToingToing
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
shits

FoReVaPmP
09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
shits

U had the meatloaf too......:mconfused:brb.

Kodeen
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Would it be possible to just limit the post rules to sections where they actually go towards your post count? I was just shot down twice for the same post making a worthless comment in off topic, both for the 5 character minimum and apparenly because you can't post in all caps.

ep3moschini
09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
icanhaspostewhoreagain

ep3moschini
09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
This forum requires that you wait 31 seconds between posts. Please try again in 21 seconds.

ihasasad

D3xn2o
09-09-2008, 07:13 PM
This forum requires that you wait 31 seconds between posts. Please try again in 21 seconds.

ihasasad

Geez I've never posted for anyone that quick to realize something like that exists :tehehe:

:ephatch:

Stop the :spam:

F' the :10: limit < which is gone now wooooooooo

:stoop: <<< And this is just Funny :tehehe:

ok :thatsall:

Time to :ebay: Need some Ram... :jono:<< ooooooo COW!!!!!!!

SinisterCivicSi
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
excellent demonstration of the smilies. lol but dont do that every post, that shit will get you banned. :shrug:

Would it be possible to just limit the post rules to sections where they actually go towards your post count? I was just shot down twice for the same post making a worthless comment in off topic, both for the 5 character minimum and apparenly because you can't post in all caps.

yeah all caps were blocked when members started complaining about some members because they typed everything in caps. this was taken as someone "yelling" at the other(s) and panties got knotted. so to shut up all the complainers (its the internet, geebus) we had to put that up. so... as they say... for the sins of others... :mfrown:

ihasasad

:ban:

Kodeen
09-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I was mainly interested in my first question. I really have no idea what vbulletin can do.

jimmy`
09-10-2008, 12:52 AM
i never realized that maybe thats why, all my posts are always short, but i do add smilies to make it look like a did put some input.. :wow:

jtyler05si
09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
yeah all caps were blocked when members started complaining about some members because they typed everything in caps. this was taken as someone "yelling" at the other(s) and panties got knotted. so to shut up all the complainers (its the internet, geebus) we had to put that up. so... as they say... for the sins of others... :mfrown:

:ban:

gayzors....:mfrown:

i say fuck the complainers, seriously....

edit: just read what i typed....looks kinda mean. didn't mean for it to be. sorry. i guess i'm in a bad mood, i have a thermo test in 40 minutes.

i understand destroying the abusers, but every once in a while, yelling a word is necessary. e.g. "search[caps]".

everyone complains when newbies ask questions like: what does ep mean?
we all give witty/angry remarks about searching. this doesn't mean that the mods should make a correction that brings up the search page every time you click on "new thread". kinda over kill.
but sure....punish all for one

oh and i like the idea of getting rid of min. character rule in off-topic...."lol" should be acceptable.

edit: sorry, i just read this and noticed i sound a little harsh. i don't mean to sound angry. i guess i am just in a bad mood, i have a thermo test in 40 mins.:nervous:

FoReVaPmP
09-12-2008, 07:57 AM
gayzors....:mfrown:

edit: just read what i typed....looks kinda mean. didn't mean for it to be. sorry. i guess i'm in a bad mood, i have a thermo test in 40 minutes.

i understand destroying the abusers, but every once in a while, yelling a word is necessary. e.g. "search[caps]".

everyone complains when newbies ask questions like: what does ep mean?
we all give witty/angry remarks about searching. this doesn't mean that the mods should make a correction that brings up the search page every time you click on "new thread". kinda over kill.
but sure....punish all for one

oh and i like the idea of getting rid of min. character rule in off-topic...."lol" should be acceptable.

edit: sorry, i just read this and noticed i sound a little harsh. i don't mean to sound angry. i guess i am just in a bad mood, i have a thermo test in 40 mins.:nervous:

Missed you around here, hows everything.:mredface:

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 08:03 AM

We all give witty/angry remarks about searching. This doesn't mean that the mods should make a correction that brings up the search page every time you click on "new thread". Kinda over kill.
But sure....punish all for one

Huh?? I havnt seen a requirement for a search before posting a new thread.

jtyler05si
09-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Missed you around here, hows everything.:mredface:

really?:msmooch:

i'm suprised anyone remembers me? i guess i did whore a lot the entire summer, but i didn't think i actually made a dent in someone's memory... So thanks.:mbiggrin:

well, i'm being schooled for the next nine months or whatever. so far so good. I have a feeling these classes are gonna bite me in the ass later this semester. how about you mr. golan?

jtyler05si
09-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Huh?? I havnt seen a requirement for a search before posting a new thread.

damnit....sorry i knew it was confusing... english language>me

it was an example, used to fix the noob-not-searching problem. as to compare to the no-caps rule because people abuse it.....

FoReVaPmP
09-12-2008, 08:12 AM

i'm suprised anyone remembers me? i guess i did whore a lot the entire summer, but i didn't think i actually made a dent in someone's memory... So thanks.:mbiggrin:

well, i'm being schooled for the next nine months or whatever. so far so good. I have a feeling these classes are gonna bite me in the ass later this semester. how about you mr. golan?

hahahahaha, yea yeah so what I remember you. :mbiggrin:

Things are good on my part, just working trying to stay afloat.

Do you have a full schedual? or are you going to school parttime?? btw: what the hell is "thermo", cause you have a test in like 10mins? :mconfused:

SinisterCivicSi
09-12-2008, 08:15 AM

i'm suprised anyone remembers me?

i remember you :msmooch:

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
damnit....sorry i knew it was confusing... english language>me

it was an example, used to fix the noob-not-searching problem. as to compare to the no-caps rule because people abuse it.....

LOL,, you had me running around trying to get it to happen to me! LOL

Though it would be a good idea for sub 50 post guys.

Oh and yes I do remember you.

jtyler05si
09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
hahahahaha, yea yeah so what I remember you. :mbiggrin:

Things are good on my part, just working trying to stay afloat.

Do you have a full schedual? or are you going to school parttime?? btw: what the hell is "thermo", cause you have a test in like 10mins? :mconfused:

fulltime...no job for now.
thermo= thermodynamics=lots of fun......pause.....not

lbk02si
09-12-2008, 08:00 PM

yea i agree!! as much as i love this site, it really seems to be on a downhill trend. i mean since the crash and the post minimums with no exceptions, mods closing threads (like my "thats just gay"!!!). i mean come on guys!

SinisterCivicSi
09-12-2008, 08:19 PM
yea i agree!! as much as i love this site, it really seems to be on a downhill trend. i mean since the crash and the post minimums with no exceptions, mods closing threads (like my "thats just gay"!!!). i mean come on guys!

and come on guy, read the thread :mwink:

your a couple days behind bud. we fixed that. :mredface:

lbk02si
09-12-2008, 08:32 PM
and come on guy, read the thread :mwink:

your a couple days behind bud. we fixed that. :mredface:

sorry bud, but i don't always have time to check the forum everyday, sometimes there are more important things to do :mbiggrin:

SinisterCivicSi
09-12-2008, 08:42 PM
sorry bud, but i don't always have time to check the forum everyday, sometimes there are more important things to do :mbiggrin:

i am giving you shit. its all good. :hay:

lbk02si
09-12-2008, 08:56 PM
i am giving you shit. its all good. :hay:

me too :mcool:

SinisterCivicSi
09-12-2008, 08:59 PM
me too :mcool:

oh! well.... then.....

http://static.flickr.com/51/152659561_3e455eab0d.jpg

:msmooch:

1fast03ep
09-13-2008, 06:09 AM

Draw7Seven
09-13-2008, 06:41 AM
My name is no longer poop brown for the win!

talonXracer
09-13-2008, 06:42 AM
oh! well.... then.....

http://static.flickr.com/51/152659561_3e455eab0d.jpg

:msmooch:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

that fukcing rocks!!!

Kodeen
09-13-2008, 12:31 PM
What happened to the second half of that kids face? His parents really should teach him not to take naps on the stove.