PDA

View Full Version : gas gauge off...

BRAK54
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
is it fixable or does it mean time to buy a new one..

it will say i have less gas than i really do

4angrybadgers
09-09-2008, 05:15 AM
How far off is it? Everybody's gas gauge is off to some degree.

talonXracer
09-09-2008, 05:16 AM
That sounds about normal.

The CTR gauge cluster reads closer to what is actually in the tank.

oneglory
09-09-2008, 05:22 AM
you can adjust the needle a bit

go fill your tank, then take the cluster out and the clear cover off and CAREFULLY pull the gas needle off and put it on full. This still won't be right though because the needle probably used to go past full on a full tank. But you'll lower your chances of going empty because when you get down to empty you'll think you have less than you actually do. Unless you run it on empty for a week.

edit: wow, i just read that to myself.... waking up 3 minutes ago > sleepy writing skills.

bdooley
09-09-2008, 05:42 AM
you can adjust the needle a bit

go fill your tank, then take the cluster out and the clear cover off and CAREFULLY pull the gas needle off and put it on full. This still won't be right though because the needle probably used to go past full on a full tank. But you'll lower your chances of going empty because when you get down to empty you'll think you have less than you actually do. Unless you run it on empty for a week.

edit: wow, i just read that to myself.... waking up 3 minutes ago > sleepy writing skills.

:rofl: that confused the hell outta me

oneglory
09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
:rofl: that confused the hell outta me

haha, disregard my early morning ramblings! :mbiggrin:

makavelibranded
09-09-2008, 02:59 PM

:rofl: oh shit

BRAK54
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
its pretty far/random, when to bed last night with the gas light on. woke up with 1/4 tank.. lol i know my car is sweet but im pretty sure it doesent just reproduce gas

norcalSI
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
it could be because maybe you were incline or decline or (just guessing) maybe its the temp that effects the gas. Mine does that also. I wouldn't worry about it.

classiccelica
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
yeah mine loves me like this as well, well that is until it realizes it just told me I had more fuel than the last time then it takes it all away from me.:mcry:

moso
09-10-2008, 07:41 AM
my ctr cluster started acting kinda funny because when i would feel up gas with my si cluster the needle would just jump up right when i turn the car back on but the last time i feeled up gas with my ctr cluster the needle took forever to go back up. Anyone know if this is normal?