PDA

View Full Version : KPRO'd ECU for k24/k20

bchaney
09-09-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm building a frank and want to minimize the downtime for an ECU swap since my EP is my DD. So I'm looking to buy an ECU that I could just swap in and not have to send mine to Hondata and wait (not taking vacation time for that haha).

What ECUs work for this setup? Davis says the EP3 ECU will work, but are there any others?

I'm also interested in other suggestions that wouldn't require my car to be out of commission for a couple days.

kprocivic
09-09-2008, 08:51 AM
dc5 for sure 02-04.

lldiesel386ll
09-09-2008, 08:59 AM
pnf
prb from the 02-04s
prc

and from the hondata website
pnd (base rsx)
prd (jdm ctr)
pra (edm ctr)
http://hondata.com/kpro.html
:mredface:

bchaney
09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
So a KPRO'd ECU from any of those cars basically becomes "universal" no matter what block/head/trans?

Didn't realize this was such a noob question :mbiggrin:

kprocivic
09-09-2008, 03:15 PM
So a KPRO'd ECU from any of those cars basically becomes "universal" no matter what block/head/trans?

Didn't realize this was such a noob question :mbiggrin:

yep its the tuning that matters.

Gilmour
09-10-2008, 06:17 AM
The PRC ECU will require you to repin two wires on the harness for the fuel pump.

I've also heard that theres something about the PND ECU, due to the dual runners on that intake manifold.

talonXracer
09-10-2008, 06:25 AM
The PRC ECU will require you to repin two wires on the harness for the fuel pump.

I've also heard that theres something about the PND ECU, due to the dual runners on that intake manifold.

You will not pass any emissions test with a PRC ECU, and it doesnt have an immobilizor feature.

You would just deselct the secondary runner feature in Kpro, noi issues.

Only the PRB/PRC ECU will have the Reverse lockout feature.