PDA

View Full Version : Running a PRB K-Pro'd ECU on K20A3?

skoundrelusa
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Sorry I know this has to be a really dumb question, but I'm still a noob as far as K-series' go.

Are there any flaws running a PRB K-Pro'd ECU on my K20A3?

Just would like to have the PRB ready for when I do a 6-speed + K20A2 or K24A2 in the future, but also want K-pro

lldiesel386ll
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
in one word--no. basemaps on the k pro software are all the same :thumbu:
what are you looking for a prb ecu for?

skoundrelusa
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm not really in the market for one (yet) because I got a bunch of crap I gotta fix on my car first. But I did want to get K-Pro/tuned on my K20A3, but plan to eventually get an A2 and didn't want to K-Pro my PNF right now then have to get a PRB later for the reverse lockout.

Canuck Civic
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm in the same boat as you but I already have a prb ecu waiting for kpro.

lldiesel386ll
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm not really in the market for one (yet) because I got a bunch of crap I gotta fix on my car first. But I did want to get K-Pro/tuned on my K20A3, but plan to eventually get an A2 and didn't want to K-Pro my PNF right now then have to get a PRB later for the reverse lockout.

speaking with personal experience, reverse lockout is unnecessary. i have a prb ecu k pro'ed, but i dont have the k20a2 engine harness. the reverse is so far out that you have to purposely put the car in reverse to miss sixth :thumbu:

i worried just as much as you did about the situation until i put it all together:mcool:

dragon208
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
really use less the reverse lockout..

if u know how to drive u won't be slamming into reverse accidently..

MadLorEP3
04-16-2010, 06:01 AM
speaking with personal experience, reverse lockout is unnecessary. i have a prb ecu k pro'ed, but i dont have the k20a2 engine harness. the reverse is so far out that you have to purposely put the car in reverse to miss sixth :thumbu:

i worried just as much as you did about the situation until i put it all together:mcool:

I hope your right man
I might have to take your word on this one
by the way will a buddy club short shifter affect how far the 6th is from reverse
I dont know thats y i ask....

talonXracer
04-16-2010, 06:07 AM
The reverse lockout on the 6spd was incorporated for RHD cars, the eronomics of a RHD cause the driver to pull the shifter towards themselves as they pull down to reach 6th, this is the same action that LHD drivers see when missing a 3-4 shift and hits 2nd gear.

So if you accidentally hit reverse while shifting from 5th to 6th gear, park the bitch, pull a gun out and ventilate your skull as you truly are useless,,,LOL

MadLorEP3
04-16-2010, 06:45 AM
The reverse lockout on the 6spd was incorporated for RHD cars, the eronomics of a RHD cause the driver to pull the shifter towards themselves as they pull down to reach 6th, this is the same action that LHD drivers see when missing a 3-4 shift and hits 2nd gear.

So if you accidentally hit reverse while shifting from 5th to 6th gear, park the bitch, pull a gun out and ventilate your skull as you truly are useless,,,LOL

i guess ill just kpro my pnf then
saves me money as well, instead of having to look for an extra prb ecu

ep-unit
07-30-2010, 01:57 AM
just ordered my prb kpro'd just waiting for it to come in, using this for a future a2/k24a2 swap but in the mean time wanna run it on my a3 w/ aem cai,megan shorty, megan midpipe. do i just upload the stock map for the a3, im really a noob with tuning and kpro

talonXracer
07-30-2010, 05:10 AM
You need to upload the calibration closest to your existing setup from the Kpro library, THEN you must at the minimum street tune the calibration.

POOPTOOTH
07-30-2010, 06:02 AM

:yeahthat:

Civic5lug
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
nice 2 year revival of a thread:tehehyper: