PDA

View Full Version : spark plug maintenance

Rayme
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
The manual says I need to change them at around 170 000 KM. My car has 117 000. Should I invest in some new ones? I usually change the plug when I buy a used car but my dealership wanted 90$ for them :mmad:...walked out..

Anyone think it's worth it? I got some suspicion that my car is a little harder on gas than it should be and wanted to change them.

I guess what I'm trying say..has anyone changed them before the recommended interval and got increased fuel economy? better idle..whatever good things that comes after fresh plugs.

PS: I didn't look at them yet, I drive my car all the time and its always warm.:gheyw:

BlownSi05
09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
The manual says I need to change them at around 170 000 KM. My car has 117 000. Should I invest in some new ones? I usually change the plug when I buy a used car but my dealership wanted 90$ for them :mmad:...walked out..

Anyone think it's worth it? I got some suspicion that my car is a little harder on gas than it should be and wanted to change them.

I guess what I'm trying say..has anyone changed them before the recommended interval and got increased fuel economy? better idle..whatever good things that comes after fresh plugs.

PS: I didn't look at them yet, I drive my car all the time and its always warm.:gheyw:

are you modded at all or still stock? it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and change them regardless.

talonXracer
09-09-2008, 06:20 PM
That is a good mileage to change them. Around 100k and the performance starts to suffer.

You can get a set for a lot cheaper than the Stealership at any auto parts store, Denso IK20's

jeenyusss
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
sparkplugs.com

KevinEP3
09-09-2008, 07:34 PM
corsportusa.com $53
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=110&sort=2a&filter_id=17