PDA

View Full Version : e-brake not working properly

icarus.na
09-09-2008, 07:37 PM
SOOOOOO...i just got my ep3 serviced for brakes at the dealership. got my front rotors resurfaced and a new set of pads on all four corners...cost 500 dollars, a rip i know...

anyways, i come out my house and find my car has slid down the driveway and now i'm wondering if honda fucked with my e-brake...should i call them back and ask that they fix it for free or is there a simple remedy to my situation?

and no i don't leave my car in gear, i only do that when i'm in the sco.

they may have not adjusted the parking brake cable after replacing the rear rotors and pads.

manual says it should hold when pulled up 7-8 clicks. bring it back and have them look at it.

icarus.na
09-09-2008, 08:57 PM
they should fix it for free right? shit i paid an arm, a leg, and a fucking kidney to get my brakes done, the least they can do is adjust a cable right?

Draw7Seven
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Describe to them what happened, and that your only assumption is that it has to do with them. If they say you'll still have to pay, turn around and come ask the hatch how to adjust it.

smoody
09-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Probably did it intentionally so you can come back and pay for it

well, if it was working properly before you brought it to them, and they replaced pads and rotors and now it is not working properly, then i'd say it's their fault.

how far do you have to pull up before it grabs?

icarus.na
09-09-2008, 09:15 PM
well, if it was working properly before you brought it to them, and they replaced pads and rotor and now it is not working properly, then i'd say it's their fault.

how far do you have to pull up before it grabs?

not far at all...or at least not any farther then when i bought it with the e-brake working (holding it's ground on a slightly inclined driveway!).

i'm just afraid if i go to the city, forget to leave it in gear and curb check the tires while parking it on a hill, i'll come back to a mangled EP...not to mention it being highly dangerous. BUT it's highly unlikely that i'll forget to do all the safety checks when parking on a steep hill...what if though!

icarus.na
09-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Describe to them what happened, and that your only assumption is that it has to do with them. If they say you'll still have to pay, turn around and come ask the hatch how to adjust it.

most likely the latter...

EVEN THOUGH I THINK THEY SHOULD FIX IT FOR FREE!

oneglory
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
you can use these picture..they give you an idea of how you can adjust the e-brake

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49382

icarus.na
09-09-2008, 09:38 PM
you can use these picture..they give you an idea of how you can adjust the e-brake

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49382

thanks oneglory and everyone else!

i also searched and found this thread discussing the exact problem i am having. it's from the pre-crash era...

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7457&highlight=adjusting+parking+brake&page=2

403ep3
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
This happened to me out of nowhere. I was scared shitless because I was looking for my car in my friends driveway and it was gone. Im so glad that it stopped halfway past the sidewalk. I just bought the car too :mrolleyes: