PDA

View Full Version : best 3" exhaust

j0000stin
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
im planning on getting a 3" exhaust since i recently installed a jrsc. i currently have a hi-power but im looking for something close to stock since the cops around sac are d-bags. i like the look of the ws2 but any input would be greatly appreciated

vbpracer
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM
im planning on getting a 3" exhaust since i recently installed a jrsc. i currently have a hi-power but im looking for something close to stock since the cops around sac are d-bags. i like the look of the ws2 but any input would be greatly appreciated

3 inch would be too big for jrsc. You could always keep the stock look and just replace the midpipe. Do you still have your stock header?

j0000stin
09-09-2008, 09:35 PM
3 inch would be too big for jrsc. You could always keep the stock look and just replace the midpipe. Do you still have your stock header?

naw i have dcrh...and the 2.25 feels restricting my friend is good at making exhaust so if i cant find anything ill have him make me one. but if the 3 inches are too big than what would be a good size

Krispy187
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Go for the WS2 its a good exhaust and no too loud. Cops wont notice , plus it kinda looks as if would be stock. I have and love it. GL

itchy5
09-09-2008, 09:54 PM
naw i have dcrh...and the 2.25 feels restricting my friend is good at making exhaust so if i cant find anything ill have him make me one. but if the 3 inches are too big than what would be a good size

turbo back HKS highpower? turbo back evo2?

sLiCk
09-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I vote for t1r 70mm or kteller 3"

frm_808
09-09-2008, 10:51 PM
2.5 inches would be a good size

slo_k20
09-09-2008, 10:58 PM
how about greddy evo tt... 2.75" I have the midpipe for it

illusionsoflife
09-10-2008, 02:23 AM
I vote for t1r 70mm or kteller 3"

those are both nice but cost a lot more than what he listed......also wouldnt a 3" attract more attention? i say keep stock axle back and get a custom mid pipe. i have a 2.5 inch going to stock axle back as well as a tanabe racing medllion. i switch...get bored from time to time. you wont gain too much getting 3 inchs. i read on here someone said if you have 540 whp and put a stock exhaust on it would be around 500whp...not sure how true that is but since most of us are around 200-300 3 inch wouldnt be THAT much of help

frm_808
09-10-2008, 03:22 AM
how about greddy evo tt... 2.75" I have the midpipe for it

wanna get rid of it:mcool:

4angrybadgers
09-10-2008, 05:16 AM
2.75"-3" exhausts are more than you need for a SCed a3. I have the Skunk2 70mm (roughly 2.75") and had a JRSC for 8 months, 4 months with the 3.8" pulley. You don't need that much flow, and it will rob some torque on the low end (when you're driving around town and staying out of boost). Plus it's loud in the city, drones like crazy on the highway, and if you're dropped more than 1.5" or so the midpipe will scrape on EVERYTHING.

Just go with a midpipe/stock axleback combo or a 60mm cat-back.

EDIT: You're worried about cops, yet you want a 70mm exhaust?!? You can't have it both ways - if you want a 3" exhaust, it will be loud and obnoxious.

talonXracer
09-10-2008, 05:56 AM
You're worried about cops, yet you want a 70mm exhaust?!? You can't have it both ways - if you want a 3" exhaust, it will be loud and obnoxious.

No truer words spoken,,,3"=cop magnet

T_Virus
09-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Have you seen PoloRobb's custom exhaust? It looks very stealthy...I think it is 2.5...He is in Natomas...You should send him a PM so he can take a pix for you...I think I want his set up...

MugenReplica
09-10-2008, 07:46 AM
If you go 3.0" ID, then you are going a touch overkill. Go with a 2.75" ID at most. You'll get a "little" more top end, but that is it. A 2.5" ID is more than sufficient for a K20a3. If you insist on a 3.0" or 2.75" ID, then I'd go custom with a Vibrant resonator and stealth muffler. Should be quiet enough to get around.

*For reference, I have a 3.0" ID exhaust with two mufflers. Its STILL incredibly loud (not to mention, you WILL scrape it EVERYWHERE!). Ask anybody who heard it at the MD BBQ.:msmile:

talonXracer
09-10-2008, 07:52 AM
go with a K-teller 2.5" kit, Vibrant 18" resonator, and a Loop muffler. And if you need it, a Car-Sound platinum cat.

I made huge gains in the top end and decent gains in the midrange/low end with the much QUIETER Hytech loop muffler than the Fartcan style muffler's like HKS/DC Sports ETC.

It is so much better to not be harrassed by cops every other day, since I removed the fartcan and installed the loop muffler I have YET to be pulled over!

Another positive of the quieter exhaust is that longer road trips are much more comfortable.

moso
09-10-2008, 07:54 AM
2.75"-3" exhausts are more than you need for a SCed a3. I have the Skunk2 70mm (roughly 2.75") and had a JRSC for 8 months, 4 months with the 3.8" pulley. You don't need that much flow, and it will rob some torque on the low end (when you're driving around town and staying out of boost). Plus it's loud in the city, drones like crazy on the highway, and if you're dropped more than 1.5" or so the midpipe will scrape on EVERYTHING.

Just go with a midpipe/stock axleback combo or a 60mm cat-back.

EDIT: You're worried about cops, yet you want a 70mm exhaust?!? You can't have it both ways - if you want a 3" exhaust, it will be loud and obnoxious.

im running a apexi n1 cat back ( i think its 2.25") and i am dropped on neuspeed springs and it is HELLLLLLLL i scrape literally on EVERY DAMN THING!!! so ya if ur dropped more then 1.5" goodluck to you cuz if you see my exhaust youll get scared

MugenReplica
09-10-2008, 08:22 AM
go with a K-teller 2.5" kit, Vibrant 18" resonator, and a Loop muffler. And if you need it, a Car-Sound platinum cat.

I made huge gains in the top end and decent gains in the midrange/low end with the much QUIETER Hytech loop muffler than the Fartcan style muffler's like HKS/DC Sports ETC.

It is so much better to not be harrassed by cops every other day, since I removed the fartcan and installed the loop muffler I have YET to be pulled over!

Another positive of the quieter exhaust is that longer road trips are much more comfortable.

Dougs right. My Vibrant can gets alot of not happy looks from the local PD. If I could change, I'd go no resonator with a OBX 3.0" twin loop. It would be quieter and nicer DD IMO.

j0000stin
09-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Dougs right. My Vibrant can gets alot of not happy looks from the local PD. If I could change, I'd go no resonator with a OBX 3.0" twin loop. It would be quieter and nicer DD IMO.

i decided to just go with the obx ws2 replica muffler and get 2.75' piping custom made

slo_k20
09-11-2008, 02:59 PM
wanna get rid of it:mcool:

as a a matter of fact i do!