PDA

View Full Version : intake mani.

black c-si
09-10-2008, 12:25 AM
sorry if i sound noob but i am. will a new intake manifold or upgrade from our stock ep3 make any difference?? and how much do intake manifolds go for?

phister
09-10-2008, 02:19 AM
on the a3 head its pretty useless to upgrade the intake manifold. More than likely if you want to upgrade your manifold I suggest a head swap or a full engine swap. Then you can add a PRC or RBC manifold to free up the air flow.

AUTiger
09-10-2008, 09:01 AM
I just bought a PRC to go with my i//rh/e + k-pro. But I have plans for down the road that having a PRC will come in handy for. That and I have an intake manifold gasket waiting to be installed and I figured might as well install a PRC while I am at it. If I get bored before then I'll throw some skunk2 stage I's or BC stage 2 cams in. Only reason I would go with skunk2 stage I's is that I wouldn't necessarily need an upgraded valvetrain.

kenscivic
09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I just bought a PRC to go with my i//rh/e + k-pro. But I have plans for down the road that having a PRC will come in handy for. That and I have an intake manifold gasket waiting to be installed and I figured might as well install a PRC while I am at it. If I get bored before then I'll throw some skunk2 stage I's or BC stage 2 cams in. Only reason I would go with skunk2 stage I's is that I wouldn't necessarily need an upgraded valvetrain.

with larger cams and a higher rev i would understand a larger IM on an a3 but thats the only reason.

talonXracer
09-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Unless you add a set of cams any other mani will show losses. When you add the cams then go ahead and get the PRC mani.

If you want to experiment, then try the RBB mani from the TSX along with a set of cams.

kenscivic
09-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Unless you add a set of cams any other mani will show losses. When you add the cams then go ahead and get the PRC mani.

If you want to experiment, then try the RBB mani from the TSX along with a set of cams.

too late old man i already posted :mmad: :mbiggrin:

thisisagame24
09-10-2008, 11:28 AM
uh oh ken is getting loud

talonXracer
09-10-2008, 12:17 PM
uh oh ken is getting loud

He is getting all uppity!

thisisagame24
09-10-2008, 01:34 PM
haha.....it u wanna call it that too