PDA

View Full Version : Should I get my car tuned?

si4life
09-10-2008, 08:34 AM
I was just wondering what's the benefits of getting your car professional tuned. My mods are: JRRSC Kit, AEM V2, and kpro. I have kpro set flash when knock detected and I notice that when i get on the car I have alot of knocks. Also i use my car my DD. Thanks guys.

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 08:38 AM
I was just wondering what's the benefits of getting your car professional tuned. My mods are: JRRSC Kit, AEM V2, and kpro. I have kpro set flash when knock detected and I notice that when i get on the car I have alot of knocks. Also i use my car my DD. Thanks guys.

Better power curv, better gas milage(sometimes), better a/f, better timming, better everything.

When a car is tuned properly you get to enjoy the benifits of your hard work. (in a nut shell)

si4life
09-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Sounds good. Do you have any suggestions what I should do before getting my car tuned? like change the oil, change sc belt, etc. Also after getting tuned, as long as nothing changes (with my car) i won't have to get retuned right?

Better power curv, better gas milage(sometimes), better a/f, better timming, better everything.

When a car is tuned properly you get to enjoy the benifits of your hard work. (in a nut shell)

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Sounds good. Do you have any suggestions what I should do before getting my car tuned? like change the oil, change sc belt, etc. Also after getting tuned, as long as nothing changes (with my car) i won't have to get retuned right?

Change oil
Change spark plug (if needed)
Check for any leaks.... oil, exhaust, coolant.....

If the SC Belt has alot of miles, it wouldn't hurt to get a new one.

If you don't add power mods after the tune you wont need a retune.

si4life
09-10-2008, 09:21 AM
how long are spark plugs usually good for?

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 09:27 AM
how long are spark plugs usually good for?

depends on how you drive......

low boost spirited driving - not so much, maybe change them once a year

Max Boost hard driving - every six months.

si4life
09-10-2008, 09:28 AM
damn i didn't know you had to change spark plugs that often. how about if you were all stock???

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 09:32 AM
damn i didn't know you had to change spark plugs that often. how about if you were all stock???

you really don't have to change them "that" often, IMO thats what I would do. (in your case):mangel::mbiggrin:

But if the car is completely stock then I would just follow the regular schedual maintenance procedure for replacing them. ( I forget what it is)

si4life
09-10-2008, 09:35 AM
ok cool. thanks help! I'll let you know how it turns out. I was thinking of going to Jeff Evans.

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
ok cool. thanks help! I'll let you know how it turns out. I was thinking of going to Jeff Evans.

:msmile: I did as well!!!

But, sense your in Jurzy..... hit up Civic5lug, he could tweek your kpro and street tune just as good as anyone else, alot cheaper than JEtune:mwink:

si4life
09-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Ok cool. Im always down to save $$. :mbiggrin:

:msmile: I did as well!!!

But, sense your in Jurzy..... hit up Civic5lug, he could tweek your kpro and street tune just as good as anyone else, alot cheaper than JEtune:mwink:

4angrybadgers
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
If you're going for a full shop tune and have $100 extra to spare, you might as well get the 3.8" blower pulley and 2.5" idler pulley. A little extra oomph. :mbiggrin:

si4life
09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Do you know where i buy the 3.8" and 2.5" pullies from?

If you're going for a full shop tune and have $100 extra to spare, you might as well get the 3.8" blower pulley and 2.5" idler pulley. A little extra oomph. :mbiggrin:

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Do you know where i buy the 3.8" and 2.5" pullies from?

PM me, I know someone that has one of the pulleys.... I just have to call him and ask if he still has it. :mbiggrin:

si4life
09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
pm'ed. :msmile:

Deadphishy
09-14-2008, 12:10 PM
either way, I would never get something as performance changing as a supercharger and not get the car tuned right away. The maps povided for these things are ust safe tunes so you have a good base map for a real tune.