PDA

View Full Version : Temperature problem

Sir1982
09-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Just need some point of view, it's been over a week or so, that everytime i'm in the traffic without moving, my motor temperature will go sky high then will go down half way if i moved then it will go up if I dont move, then down, then up, and down while i'm driving in the traffic. Then when i'm out of the traffic the temperature goes back to normal.

maybe a problem with my overflow, or some sort of coolant system not working properly...

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Just need some point of view, it's been over a week or so, that everytime i'm in the traffic without moving, my motor temperature will go sky high then will go down half way if i moved then it will go up if I dont move, then down, then up, and down while i'm driving in the traffic. Then when i'm out of the traffic the temperature goes back to normal.

maybe a problem with my overflow, or some sort of coolant system not working properly...

do u see any liquids on the ground when your car is parked over night?

I'd have your coolant flushed and check your lines for any signs of damage.

SinisterCivicSi
09-10-2008, 12:06 PM
your temp gauge going high is a bad thing. very bad, how high is "sky high".

if its gone to the top, you might want to have your head checked to see if its warped.

sounds like you might need a new radiator. check your hoses for leaks. have you had any front end damage lately? maybe accidently hit the subframe or radiator support?

talonXracer
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Are your cooling fans even coming on?

Sir1982
09-10-2008, 01:08 PM
do u see any liquids on the ground when your car is parked over night?

no sign of any liquids!!!

I'd have your coolant flushed and check your lines for any signs of damage. noted!!

Sir1982
09-10-2008, 01:19 PM
your temp gauge going high is a bad thing. very bad, how high is "sky high".

to the top where the line is

if its gone to the top, you might want to have your head checked to see if its warped. :mfrown:

issshhh i dont llike that

sounds like you might need a new radiator. check your hoses for leaks.

will do

have you had any front end damage lately? not even

maybe accidently hit the subframe or radiator support?

see response to questions

Sir1982
09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Are your cooling fans even coming on?

good question, will have to check tonight, but if i'm not mistaken it is not coming on :mfrown:

FoReVaPmP
09-10-2008, 01:24 PM
good question, will have to check tonight, but if i'm not mistaken it is not coming on :mfrown:

CHECK the fuse.......???:mredface:

Sir1982
09-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I had a problem with my o2 sensor about 2 weeks ago and i had checked the fuse, maybe while checking the fuses i didnt replace one properly... make a lot of sense... i will look into it tonight

SinisterCivicSi
09-11-2008, 05:04 AM
see response to questions

next time just reply below the quote, putting it in the quote is very hard to read. :mbiggrin::mwink:

keep us posted on what you find. hopefully there was no damage done... but going all the way up isnt good.

Sir1982
09-11-2008, 05:58 AM
fuse were ok, so it is not the problem...
no signs of damage on the line... so i'm ok

Tonight I will do a Radiator flush,
I will also check my oil to see if the prestone went into the head.

If it's not the case, then i will have to check for maybe a new radiator cap, maybe the spring is broken, if not then it's the radiator that will be replace

Hope my head is not warped... if so time for A2