PDA

View Full Version : Can you pull vaccum of B Booster line?

SyckSiR
09-10-2008, 07:36 PM
K, as it says in the title, i'm wondering....or is it a bad idea to run vacuum off there? it seems like a bad idea but im not sure, if anyone can answer that with some detail as to why it is or isnt that would be wonderful

lleron
09-10-2008, 08:28 PM
I've heard many mixed reviews about this... Personally, I'm running off of it right now, and I haven't died yet

squeak04si
09-10-2008, 10:25 PM
thats actually a great source. i using it for my gm solenoid, just make sure you tee in closest to im before the check valve

SyckSiR
09-10-2008, 10:43 PM
thats actually a great source. i using it for my gm solenoid, just make sure you tee in closest to im before the check valve

check valve? you mean where the 90 fitting sticks out of the im? my buddy who helped me put it back near where the turbo is.

squeak04si
09-10-2008, 10:45 PM
you can feel the check valve inside the hose and it should be over where the im is or it will stopping flow in the wrong direction

stepintoliquid
09-10-2008, 11:16 PM
squeek who is the hottness in your avatar? i want!

but yea, the check valve is inside the brake booster hose. you can feel it in there if you sqeeze along the hose. i teed into the hose between the check valve and the im. very acceptable source of vacuum, and no problems for me.

squeak04si
09-11-2008, 12:10 AM
one of my friends in houston had a car meet and she was the model. i have no clue who she is but shes hot!

SyckSiR
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
squeek who is the hottness in your avatar? i want!

but yea, the check valve is inside the brake booster hose. you can feel it in there if you sqeeze along the hose. i teed into the hose between the check valve and the im. very acceptable source of vacuum, and no problems for me.

so then where i have it, behind the valve cover, wouldnt be a good spot?

blueshark123
09-11-2008, 11:14 AM
so then where i have it, behind the valve cover, wouldnt be a good spot?

No its a horrible spot. Best thing to do is tap the manifold and use a vacuum distribution block but the brake booster line gets the job done.

SyckSiR
09-11-2008, 02:09 PM
No its a horrible spot. Best thing to do is tap the manifold and use a vacuum distribution block but the brake booster line gets the job done.

why is it a horrible spot?

squeak04si
09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
cuz its after the check valve. do you know what a check valve does? basically if your foot isnt on the breaks then you arent pulling any vaccuum where you have it at. if you tee right by the manifold before the check valves then you will always pull a vaccuum no matter what.

SyckSiR
09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
cuz its after the check valve. do you know what a check valve does? basically if your foot isnt on the breaks then you arent pulling any vaccuum where you have it at. if you tee right by the manifold before the check valves then you will always pull a vaccuum no matter what.

gotcha, went out and got a hose connector gonna change it tomorrow night.

squeak04si
09-11-2008, 10:00 PM
well I might be wrong about that but it's still the wrong spot to tee into. Where you have it I think you will have problems in boost cuz check valves would close then and you wouldnt be pulling anything off of it

lleron
09-11-2008, 11:15 PM
gotcha, went out and got a hose connector gonna change it tomorrow night.

I would recommend getting a brass T if you're going to tee off of the line. I used a plastic fitting and at one point and it fell apart (It was one of the universal size ones...it looked like it was glued together) You can order a whole lot of different fittings from McMaster. I actually made a vacuum block for ~$30 from there.

squeak04si
09-12-2008, 05:02 AM
i made a brass tee with parts i found at lowes

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 06:12 AM

The check valve is up closer to the brake booster, it is contained within that short line rubber line near the brake fluid resivoir.

What you feel within the line coming off the IM is actually nothing but a restrictor(small green plastic jobber). You can place your vacuum "T" before or after, there is a better vacuum signal before the restrictor, but it will still work after it as well.

stepintoliquid
09-12-2008, 07:39 PM
there is a great thread on clubrsx that lists the parts needed to make the brass tee

squeak04si
09-13-2008, 12:37 AM
The check valve is up closer to the brake booster, it is contained within that short line rubber line near the brake fluid resivoir.

What you feel within the line coming off the IM is actually nothing but a restrictor(small green plastic jobber). You can place your vacuum "T" before or after, there is a better vacuum signal before the restrictor, but it will still work after it as well.

ahhh i thought that was a check valve. learn something new everyday

cukali
09-13-2008, 03:33 PM

If you pull vacuum between the brake booster and the one-way valve, you will not read boost.....and vacuum readings will not be accurate since it retains vacuum of the last highest amount until breaks are applied. Its a good vacuum source before the valve though, that is where I pull all my vacuum from.