PDA

View Full Version : how bad could gear lube be??

honda4eva89
09-10-2008, 08:58 PM
well one of the kids that goes to my school drives a base rsx. hes one of those kids that likes to lie about what they have..says its a type r because of all the stickers he has. he tried telling me that he walks on 08 Si's like nothing, he only has a k&n short ram and a magnaflow axle back. well anyways.... yesterday i saw him draining out his tranny fluid and i was like oh wait hes actually a little smarter than i thought. so i left and came back about 20 minutes later an see him putting in some royal purple 75w140 gear lube in :meek: i tried telling him that wasnt the correct viscosity but didnt listened again. my question is: how long do you think his synchros are going to last?

sLiCk
09-10-2008, 09:11 PM
lol gl to him. gearoil is wayyyy too heavy for a manual tranny.

Twisted-X
03-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Haha, I'm sorry I know this is an old post but I have to know how badly this went...

whatisthis
03-23-2010, 07:58 PM
yeah it may be an old thread, but it's damn funny. karma sucks ass when you're an ass. that trans ate itself quick i guarantee it.

talonXracer
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I cringe(and laugh) when I see fools using gear oil in a trans designed for MTF. You would see minimal actual damage, but the increased friction will drain WHP faster than throwing out an anchor!

chunktwo
03-24-2010, 05:18 AM
im having trouble finding the thread.. but there was someone on CRSX that used gear oil in their tranny and didnt see any damage..

there was more to the thread but no luck finding.. if it comes up ill post it here for info purposes.