PDA

View Full Version : gc/koni & ksport camber plate question!

metalviper
09-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Ok so i have a question for all you guys here:
i have gc/koni setup (still waiting for shocks to install them :mcry:) and i wanted to try to mate the ksport camber/caster plates to them. so everything was going fine, the camber plates were a perfect fit on the konis and gcs looked as if they would work with the top hats i ordered but then theres this!

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3265/ksportqk2.jpg

there are only 2-3 threads left on the koni!

so i wanted your opinion on the ideas i have:
1. Shave down the top and bottom washer/bearing that goes into the camber plate which would give enough thread to let the top of the koni top nut, sit flush with the top thread on the koni.
2. Only use the bottom washer/bearing and find a metal rod that would fill the gap left by the top washer/bearing and use a washer between the camber plate and the top nut.

I want to know if you guys think either of these would be safe for a dd car?

These are the washer/bearings i am talking about (on the koni threads). Note they don't actually touch like that when the camber plate is installed.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9374/ideaka2.jpg

thanks guys

mustclime
09-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Looks like a easy fix, I would just trim down the pillow ball inserts. Just grind down the large part od the upper and lower sleeves.

metalviper
09-11-2008, 11:31 AM
yes i just want to make sure its gonna be too much on the bearing in the camber plate. also debating if really wana install these. you cant fine tune the camber or caster settings :mcry: you have to do that with camber bolts

mustclime
09-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I would take most off the top.....you want to keep the clearance for the spring top hat......If they are steel, paint them after wards to avoid rust.

you want all the caster you can get.....max it out.....

metalviper
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
thats what i was thinking. i really want to leave the bottom part washer alone. and not sure what i want to set the camber plates at either

mustclime
09-11-2008, 12:01 PM
thats what i was thinking. i really want to leave the bottom part washer alone. and not sure what i want to set the camber plates at either

-2 to-3 degress

metalviper
09-11-2008, 02:25 PM
but i mean theres about 3 settings from vertical so im not sure if i should set it with max - camber