PDA

View Full Version : Full Race Greddy Turbo Upgrade

importiconep3
09-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Well I have a k20a3 2.5" exhaust, Short shifter, and Competition stage 4 clutch and am looking to getting more power. I was on full race and looked at the upgrade for $1200 just wondering with that turbo and the full race intercooler how many pounds should i be able to run on my car. It says the turbo makes 300whp at 8 pounds are they talking about the k20a3 or what? If not then what upgrades would i need. I know kpro is a must. Also what sites are there where i can find trannys for cheap.

roboticfailure
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
I am pretty shure full race does not have a turbo kit for 1200 bucks, mabe just the turbo and intercooler by themselves for 1200, and if your upgrading a current greddy kit with those parts your going to need a new manifold and most likley new intercooler piping. also 300 whp with only 8 lbs is probably not on an a3, more like 250-260 on 8lbs, 300 is more of a 10-13lbs of boost, unless your using something larger like a gt35, but that tubo alone is going to cost 1200.

roboticfailure
09-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I stand corrected I went to the site and looked it up the upgrade is just the turbocharger no intercooler is included, also you need to watercool the turbo along with the oil cooling it currently is using, the add also states that custom 3" intake and exhaust piping is highley recomended,also requires the porting of the origional greddy manifold. the price for the turbo upgrade by itself is 1378.00.it states 300whp at 8 psi but thats gotta be one hell of a tune if it is indeed for an a3. honestley sounds to me that u just need to get your current setup tuned with k pro from a reputable place. I am assuming u are using the e-manage.

minivan_assassin
09-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Hmmm, I've been wanting a direct upgrade to the greddy kit. I may sacrafice myself to science especially since greddy is going (further) down the crapper lately.

The 8psi/300hp is probably on the A2.

EDIT: Been reading about it on clubrsx

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=594145

There's A LOT of misc crap that needs to be bought that I feel should come with a "kit." It's not a clean direct swap afternoon project type deal it seems.

jaeguyoon
09-13-2008, 06:42 PM
I'll probably buy this for my gf's ep3 soon.