PDA

View Full Version : Greddy kit + k24 or k20

Lenus
09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey guys, so this is my dilema, I currently have a greddy kit on my A3 and I want more power. So about 3 months ago I bought a complete k24a1 from a friend, cost me $600. I was planning to swap it at the end of this year, just need to get k-pro. I have the money for K-pro right now but all of the sudden another friend of mine is selling me a k20a2 longblock for $1200.

So, right now I don't know what to do... the k20 is very cheap and I know its in good condition... What do you guys recommend??? Do I stall kpro to get this bargain? I can get k-pro money in 4 months, :mcool: so I think I can continue running the e-manage for a few months.

My goal is to get 280 - 300 whp, I know that the K24/k20 frankie its a good combo, but I think that the greddy turbo will not be very beneficial. So, its either stick with the k24a1 and get kpro or buy the k20a2 and wait for kpro... And then the decision will be which engine to swap in??? :mbiggrin:

Let's see opinions

And sorry for the long post.

Guardian
09-12-2008, 07:50 AM
i would buy the a2 take that head sell the short block and sell the a1 head and that should get you enough for kpro

SIck03
09-12-2008, 12:36 PM
i would buy the a2 take that head sell the short block and sell the a1 head and that should get you enough for kpro

thats how to think right there

straight business with a good end result

Lenus
09-12-2008, 02:13 PM
That's what I was thinking, Even though in my country not make people, I know that there are at least 5 K-series cars in the racing scene. Yeah, my country is pretty small and not everyone is investing in thiers cars here. So selling those parts would be pretty hard to do so. Also not many people would by from someone in Honduras, so can't put it on ebay or any where else :S

That combo would be ideal, but don't think that the greddy turbo kit is going to be very beneficial to the frankie or is it?

Guardian, you've got a sweet ride.

jaeguyoon
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM
sell the greddy, buy the a2, sell the block of the a2, sell the head of the k24a1, get kpro, and you have a fun NA motor while saving up for a full race kit. :)