PDA

View Full Version : Alert

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 06:04 AM
I am not sure who's tune and datalog caused the issues, but I had downloaded someones kal and datalog two days ago from here to check it out and it contained a nasty little virus that attacked Kmanager and all Hondata files and then started imbedding itself in the harddrive.

Just a FYI, do not download anyones kal or datalog unless you KNOW them!!!!

UPDATE
The issue is known to Hondata and isnt a real virus, I posted what Hondata said in a reply to me further on in a separate post. The above advice still stands though...

si4life
09-12-2008, 06:44 AM
damn that suck. i have f'ing viruses!

Lenus
09-12-2008, 06:51 AM
yeah talox, that sucks... Something like that almost happened to me. I dowloaded a log from the site before it crashed and the log had a worn. Luckily I checked it with my antivirus and then I just deleted the file.

EX-FULLRACE EP3
09-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Wish they made kmanager for Mac... :mcry:

FoReVaPmP
09-12-2008, 07:06 AM
I am not sure who's tune and datalog caused the issues, but I had downloaded someones kal and datalog two days ago from here to check it out and it contained a nasty little virus that attacked Kmanager and all Hondata files and then started imbedding itself in the harddrive.

I will no longer be able to help anyone with a datalog and tune, I am not going thru the BS again.

That sucks man!!! If you need a reboot disk let me know

Fico
09-12-2008, 07:08 AM

I will no longer be able to help anyone with a datalog and tune, I am not going thru the BS again.

thats sad to hear...dont people have something better to do then create viruses?

!@#$%
09-12-2008, 07:10 AM
You know what would be funny?

If we were allowed to kill people who create viruses.

Fico
09-12-2008, 07:14 AM
You know what would be funny?

If we were allowed to kill people who create viruses.

why thats a novel idea! I give you permission.

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 07:17 AM
No, killing is too good for them,,

Use a #64 rubber band to repeatadly snap his scrotum till all the flesh is gone and his slackers are open for a shot or two from a bare ended extension cord.....................

yeah talox, that sucks... Something like that almost happened to me. I dowloaded a log from the site before it crashed and the log had a worn. Luckily I checked it with my antivirus and then I just deleted the file.

but I did check it with an anti-virus and they were ok, then the next morning my virus definitions were automatically updated and then it was caught. So someone added a cutting edge virus to Kpro kal's.

T_Virus
09-12-2008, 07:52 AM
What kind of virus it is and what does it do? This sucks, Doug has been helping everyone and he doesn't deserve this..

dragon208
09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
dang this sucks to hear....

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 08:10 AM
What kind of virus it is and what does it do? This sucks, Doug has been helping everyone and he doesn't deserve this..

LOL,,it is all part of this fabulous world of virtual reality

This is the name that SpySweeper usesd to describe the virus,,,,, Mal/EncPk-EY

every time I restore to regain the version of Kmanager I had (ver1.2.8), the virus pops back up. And when the virus is deleted by any anti-virus program, it also deletes Kmanager. I just dumped all the Hondata programs and reinstalled Kmanager from hondata and things are working fine now.

SinisterCivicSi
09-12-2008, 08:18 AM
do you know who it was from? any chance they had it on there and didnt know it?

i read somewhere on hondatas forum about a virus problem. wtf is that about? its funny, because our last laptop crashed during datalogging and we think it was also a virus... but it was our first datalog so there would be no way we got it from a kal.

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 08:33 AM
I dont remember the actual thread. I am 98% sure they probably didnt know it was there, I always leave some room for an intentional douchebuggery individual.

I looked over on Hondata's forum and didnt see anything, but I did post up over there, maybe someone there knows or has heard something about it.

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 09:27 AM
This is the response I just recieved from Hondata::::

"Some anti-virus software, notably AVG, falsely detect a virus in our software.

The first point to make is that there is no virus. Both the main applicatation executables (eg KManager.exe) and the installation executable (eg KManager-1-2-4.exe) have digital certificates signed by Hondata. If the files are altered in any way then the certificates are marked as invalid. If you are unsure as to whether our software contains a virus, then right click on the file, access 'Digital Signatures' then click on 'Hondata Inc'. It should mention 'The digitial signature is ok'. If any single bit of the file is altered, then it will say 'The digital signature is invalid'.

The anti-virus software authors have been contacted over the last few months. Some have fixed the problem, however the flagging of our software as containing a virus seems to vary from release to release of both the anti-virus software and our own software.

The best option at the moment is to disable protect for the application directory (eg c:\program files\kmanager\). Note that often you need to do this in two places - both for the active scanning and file scanning.

Fico
09-12-2008, 01:36 PM
This is the response I just recieved from Hondata::::

"Some anti-virus software, notably AVG, falsely detect a virus in our software.

The first point to make is that there is no virus. Both the main applicatation executables (eg KManager.exe) and the installation executable (eg KManager-1-2-4.exe) have digital certificates signed by Hondata. If the files are altered in any way then the certificates are marked as invalid. If you are unsure as to whether our software contains a virus, then right click on the file, access 'Digital Signatures' then click on 'Hondata Inc'. It should mention 'The digitial signature is ok'. If any single bit of the file is altered, then it will say 'The digital signature is invalid'.

The anti-virus software authors have been contacted over the last few months. Some have fixed the problem, however the flagging of our software as containing a virus seems to vary from release to release of both the anti-virus software and our own software.

The best option at the moment is to disable protect for the application directory (eg c:\program files\kmanager\). Note that often you need to do this in two places - both for the active scanning and file scanning.

so you did or didnt have a virus?

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Well according to Hondata no, it is just that some anti-virus programs think that kmanager contains a virus(but it doesnt). Kpro probably has some portion of it that resembles a virus, especially as it is in all reality actually hacking into another computer system.

Fico
09-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Well according to Hondata no, it is just that some anti-virus programs think that kmanager contains a virus(but it doesnt). Kpro probably has some portion of it that resembles a virus, especially as it is in all reality actually hacking into another computer system.

ah thats good to hear, mine was doing something wierd too but untill i read what you said about AVG it didnt click, i was having the same problem but it seems to be fine now

!@#$%
09-12-2008, 03:29 PM
We should still massacre those who make viruses.

Fico
09-12-2008, 03:40 PM
why thats a novel idea! I give you permission.

as said before

SinisterCivicSi
09-12-2008, 03:45 PM

makes sense.
:mredface:

agreed.

talonXracer
09-12-2008, 05:11 PM

Now them we should send to gitmo and torture for life