PDA

View Full Version : APC tail light

Siguy02
11-28-2002, 06:31 PM
i just bought the dec 2002 edition of import racer and in there they have a pic of a 2k2 Si with these new 3d tail light has anyone else seen these and what do u think about them

ssvr6
11-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Do a search. Someone on here from NJ has them on his black EP (titanium IRC).

I think they'd look ok if they were painted to match the car.

Steve

IceD out N CALI
11-29-2002, 03:15 PM
they're not my cup of tea-they cheapen the look if u ask me

ballsdeep
11-29-2002, 04:11 PM
Dont like them. Your car looks better stock.

pobanaitsa
11-29-2002, 05:10 PM
anything apc sucks.

MUSASHI
12-03-2002, 11:10 PM
www.4apc.net has them , around $200 on www.procarparts.com , pics on the site . part #404756tlcf for the Carbon fiber , but they have titanium and crome , NOPI.com has them 2 , but they are a little more expensive

BarracksSi
12-04-2002, 04:07 PM
Why do so many people say that APC sucks?

I really don't know one way or the other. Is it fit & finish, ease/difficulty of installation, do they leak/burn out early/chip/etc?

Style is just an opinion, so I'd rather not debate anybody's taste. Product quality -- that is, construction & durability -- is more tangible.

pocketrocket
12-04-2002, 05:48 PM
APC sucks because they have ruined cars nationwide. Albeit, some cars look Ok, with APC's... But have you seen the 2nd gen eclipse tails? I'd rather have my balls squeezed in a vise than put those on a car.
But to each his own.

-PR

BarracksSi
12-04-2002, 06:51 PM
I wasn't asking for an opinion about how they look.

Here's what I was asking --

Are they poorly built?

Do they require modification to fit?

Are they easier to break?

APC obviously does NOT make every "Altezza-style" taillight out there. Toyota, or one of their suppliers, makes the ones for the IS300 anyway. Are APC lights more poorly-constructed than others?

JoshSI
12-05-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
Why do so many people say that APC sucks?

Hmmm...where should I begin....They crack, they leak BADLY, they're ricey, etc

Whoever likes them thats fine rock it if you like it but I have had APC products in the past and all I have to say is...never again

ssvr6
12-05-2002, 12:42 PM
At least your reason is legit. Not buying them because they make Altezzas is kinda lame. Crappy products, now thats a different story.

Steve

BarracksSi
12-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Good, thanks, that's just the answer I was looking for.

If someone WERE to get that style of light, though, what brand is a good one?

I'm not saying that I like 'em -- hell, I'm thinking of returning the "super white" headlight bulbs that I got last night. It's just that if someone wants that style of light, they should be able to find out what brands are well-built, and which ones are junk.

ULTRAMANIA
12-05-2002, 11:03 PM
plz don't ruin your car with some APC anything.. especially those damn forsaken tail lights... keep it stock.. much much better...

pocketrocket
12-06-2002, 08:25 AM
I think the real reason not to buy anything APC is that they are the epitomy of rice. It's like a Kia. If Kia made one good car that ran like a BMW, many wouldn't buy it just because it's a Kia. Now before you go screaming brand whore.. Why did you buy your Honda? Is it because it's the fastest hatch out there.. Certainly not. Is it because it's so stylish? Well maybe. But a lot of people buy a Honda because it's a name you can trust.. hopefully.. not to fall apart like a piece of shit (fill in another car brand here). If you want to buy rice, that's ok, but at least be some original rice, like Uncle Ben's brown rice... it's even good for you.
I'm sorry for the posting about bashing APC's tails, but I think what it comes down to is that most people on here are tired of being relegated to rice status, just because some fruit decides to ruin a perfectly good import by putting that shit on their car.
As for quality, I'd stick with the OEM stuff, as that has a warranty. If you did happen to put some APC's in there and bad shit happened to say, your electrical, or some part the APC rusted and then stained your paint, you'd be up a shits creek without a paddle.

But then again, I've voided parts of my warranty a long time ago.

Good Luck with whatever you choose.
-PR