PDA

View Full Version : Eaton M62 on k20a3

hempzityshizzle
09-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Anyone know anything about these and fitting them to an a3? I know the older honda engines turn the opposite way of other engines, I thought I read somewhere where k20's turn the correct way, is this true? I dunno, thats why I am asking.

mustclime
09-12-2008, 12:05 PM
the jrsc kit uses them.......:mangel:

4angrybadgers
09-12-2008, 12:28 PM

:yeahthat: Just get the JRSC kit, new or used... R&D has already been done and they fit fine.

hempzityshizzle
09-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I dont want to spend the much scrilla. I have access to a cnc, so fabing parts wont be hard. Ill keep researching, thanks for the help.

jerseyjew
09-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I dont want to spend the much scrilla. I have access to a cnc, so fabing parts wont be hard. Ill keep researching, thanks for the help.
I do not trust you anywhere near a CNC machine if you are not already aware of the supercharger options available for the K-series engine. May god have mercy on your car.

Draw7Seven
09-12-2008, 03:36 PM
I do not trust you anywhere near a CNC machine if you are not already aware of the supercharger options available for the K-series engine. May god have mercy on your car.

Lol maybe he knows a guy who uses it.

Kodeen
09-12-2008, 03:47 PM

Is the Ep JRSC the 62 or the 45?

Lucid Moments
09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Is the Ep JRSC the 62 or the 45?

Its actually the new gen MP62 I believe.

BlownSi05
09-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Its actually the new gen MP62 I believe.

correct, supposed to be the 4th gen eaton blower, MP62.

jerseyjew
09-12-2008, 07:35 PM
It is a one off eaton blower designed for the JRSC kit.

hempzityshizzle
09-12-2008, 10:46 PM
yeah man, I dont know how to use it, I know a dude that does, no need to be like that to me and yes I do know the supercharger options (option actually) for the k20. Im looking for cheaper options. Why spend 3000 when I could get an m62 for 500, it would be great to be able to put it on there. That is the reason I was asking about that specific supercharger. Thats why I dont like to post and ask questions, people like to act like to try to make you feel like a dumbass because they think they know it all. Anyways, the k20 turns the wrong way for the m62 anyway. It would be sucking instead of blowing. SO yeah, I appreciate the people that tryed to help. :mmad:

lldiesel386ll
09-12-2008, 11:08 PM
there are actually two other mass produced supercharger options available:thumbu::

kraftwerks has a rotrex available, but they basically just give you the compressor and a couple brackets for you to put together

tts in england has a rotrex available as a complete kit--one individual had it on his for awhile and made really good numbers

there are others on other forums that are playing around with other superchargers, namely the newer more efficient eaton units, but unfortunately those appear to be one offs:mfrown:

hempzityshizzle
09-13-2008, 07:46 AM
haha thanks for the info man.:mbiggrin:

hempzityshizzle
09-13-2008, 07:57 AM
how come not many people buy these?

ricardoachata
09-13-2008, 08:06 AM
maybe i can help you with that problem, i work in a hydraulic supply company and we carry all the line of aeroquip, vicker, etc all of it its aeton, anyway, whats the exact part number you r looking for? i can get you specs and even a good price on it. or if you wanna search by yourself check here.
http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pdfs/fc/A-HOOV-MC001-E1_58-133_Fittings_LR.pdf

4angrybadgers
09-13-2008, 11:54 AM
yeah man, I dont know how to use it, I know a dude that does, no need to be like that to me and yes I do know the supercharger options (option actually) for the k20. Im looking for cheaper options. Why spend 3000 when I could get an m62 for 500, it would be great to be able to put it on there. That is the reason I was asking about that specific supercharger. Thats why I dont like to post and ask questions, people like to act like to try to make you feel like a dumbass because they think they know it all. Anyways, the k20 turns the wrong way for the m62 anyway. It would be sucking instead of blowing. SO yeah, I appreciate the people that tryed to help. :mmad:

You'll spend a lot of time and money getting a custom fabbed SC to fit anyway. And why do you keep saying the k-series motors spin the "wrong" way for an M62? If you bother to read the thread, you'll see that the Jackson Racing blower is indeed a 4th-gen Eaton M62 blower. I had one on my car and I can assure you it was spinning in the right direction... :mrolleyes:

cukali
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
You'll spend a lot of time and money getting a custom fabbed SC to fit anyway. And why do you keep saying the k-series motors spin the "wrong" way for an M62? If you bother to read the thread, you'll see that the Jackson Racing blower is indeed a 4th-gen Eaton M62 blower. I had one on my car and I can assure you it was spinning in the right direction... :mrolleyes:

Its his thread. Read the whole thing maybe youll understand what he is saying.

Hes not talking about the JRSC it be modified to spins oposite.

hempzityshizzle
09-13-2008, 06:08 PM
:yeahthat: agreed.

Lucid Moments
09-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Its his thread. Read the whole thing maybe youll understand what he is saying.

Hes not talking about the JRSC it be modified to spins oposite.

But it is not modified at all. It is an M62 blower. Comptech makes them too BTW for the RSX, and the TSX. If the OP were to buy an M62 blower directly from Magnusson (who is the sole licensed importer of them in the US) and fab up an intake manifold and tensioner it would be spinning in the proper direction.

I agree with 4angrybadgers though in that I don't understand why he would want to when all that he would have to work out has already been done.

hempzityshizzle
09-14-2008, 08:15 AM
I have built buggies so I can fab stuff up myself, I enjoy it. But I dont have to when my friend works with a cnc machine, I could save a shit load of money, so why not?

paulmofyourhand
09-14-2008, 08:20 AM
don't forget the electric supercharger option

4angrybadgers
09-14-2008, 08:36 AM
don't forget the electric supercharger option

:rofl: Now that's just mean... :mbiggrin:

hempzityshizzle
09-14-2008, 08:54 AM
I was asking if they spin the wrong way hoping that you all could give me an answer, I have got way to many different answers to know. I looked on the k20 website and they spin the same way as the s2000 engines, so what I read was correct. Thanks for the help, thats all I needed. Ill post the build if I do it.