PDA

View Full Version : good deal or not???

phister
09-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Theres a mechanic who is selling a k20a2 engine for 500 but the problem is that the engine was manually over revved. I was thinking about buying the engine and just build it up from the ground up. Does this sound like a good deal? Also he said he'd throw in a k24a2 block for an extra 200 since he has no use for it. So I was thinking a k20a2 head and k24a2 block swap for my car and just sell the k20a2 head. He's waiting for me to decide if I want it or not.

Draw7Seven
09-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Theres a mechanic who is selling a k20a2 engine for 500 but the problem is that the engine was manually over revved. I was thinking about buying the engine and just build it up from the ground up. Does this sound like a good deal? Also he said he'd throw in a k24a2 block for an extra 200 since he has no use for it. So I was thinking a k20a2 head and k24a2 block swap for my car and just sell the k20a2 head. He's waiting for me to decide if I want it or not.

"Manually over revved" doesn't sound like it describes the physical condition of the engine. But at those prices, you could just about part those out on this site for a profit.

phister
09-12-2008, 11:05 PM
yeah I know... I'll have to call him after I get off work and see whats really wrong with the engine like valve train, pistons, rods, and etc. If anything I'll probably buy the k24a2 block from him.

Draw7Seven
09-12-2008, 11:06 PM
yeah I know... I'll have to call him after I get off work and see whats really wrong with the engine like valve train, pistons, rods, and etc. If anything I'll probably buy the k24a2 block from him.

Haha just about any swap from the A3 is a move in the right direction... poor a3 :mcry:

phister
09-12-2008, 11:09 PM
lol ya tru that. Selling parts in the classifeds so I can get the engine but now I cant post up my Fujita type s CAI on my thread for some reason. I know it says 200 post to sell but I posted mine back up back when it was 150 or so. Guess it finally blocked me off from editing my classified post since I dont have 200 yet

Draw7Seven
09-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah they're getting more strict about that. Time to give more nubs advice on which intakes to buy, I guess :P

phister
09-12-2008, 11:54 PM
hahah... theres too many threads about which intake and exhaust to buy, gets ridiculous. Like they dont know how to use a search function

Deadphishy
09-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Both motors for 700 bucks is a great deal even if they don't run. You can make that back pretty quickly.

phister
09-13-2008, 08:38 AM
tru... just called the guy up and left a message for him... gonna pick up the k20a2 engine and the k24a2 block fri if he still has them... *crossing fingers* if he does, I'll probably do the frank with the k20 head and k24 block....mmmm just sounds tasty...

Deadphishy
09-13-2008, 08:59 AM
tru... just called the guy up and left a message for him... gonna pick up the k20a2 engine and the k24a2 block fri if he still has them... *crossing fingers* if he does, I'll probably do the frank with the k20 head and k24 block....mmmm just sounds tasty...

very nice, I hope it works out for you. Keep us informed. And if you need any parts i have a lot of k20a2 stuff. including blocks pistons, rods, ext.

phister
09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
WOOT... well I just talked to the guy and he actually dropped the price for the engine and the block to 500 for both!!! Well he told me the that the k20a2 has two bent rods and bent valves and might need to be resleeved, as for the k24a2 he said it needs to be resleeved too... But I'm gonna take them to my friends machine shop and see if they really need to be. I'm thinking this might be a full on engine build, but its cool I was planning on doing that in the first place. Frank engine build here I come...

phister
09-13-2008, 10:54 AM
very nice, I hope it works out for you. Keep us informed. And if you need any parts i have a lot of k20a2 stuff. including blocks pistons, rods, ext.

Thanks... If my friend mitch doesnt have any more of his k20a2 parts left I'll hit you up. Guy has like 3 of those engines laying in his garage I think. I still need to go see his new turbo setup on his ep, guys pushing like 600+whp now i think. He decided to make it a full on drag ep now.