PDA

View Full Version : So i hit a curb and now i need new rims???

old crusty
09-13-2008, 01:06 AM
So i hit a curb while txting the other day and cracked my rim and exploded my tire. so my dad found my rims for like $230 a rim and $110 a tire( i have stockies right now). But heres my question...
A shop named pan auto is having a sale on all of there 15' rims and they come with 4 tires as well. my buddy said that that is too small for my car even if i play to drop it(stock hieght right now, play to drop it later) but idk what to do???

should i buy the 15' rims that come with tires as well or continue to look for slightly bigger rims and be out of a car even longer???

stratwielder
09-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Why does your friend think that 15' rims are too small for your car? 02's and 03's come stock with 15' rims. But yeah, 15's are a bit small. :tehehyper: You might as well hold out for some 16's or 17's if you do plan to buy some. Don't forget a camber kit if you do end up buying bigger rims.

phister
09-13-2008, 01:35 AM
well if you're just going to replace the one wheel and tire just get your stock one. But if you plan to buy all 4 you might as well spend them on a upgrade set. Alot of wheel companys sell wheel and tire packages for a good price. Think about it 230 a wheel x 4 = 920 then at the 440 for a set of tires your looking at 1360 for a set of stock wheels. You can get a real nice set of wheels and some good tires for that amount of money. Plus people on here sell stock wheels so you could probably find a better deal on stockies searching the forum

old crusty
09-13-2008, 01:40 AM
well if you're just going to replace the one wheel and tire just get your stock one. But if you plan to buy all 4 you might as well spend them on a upgrade set. Alot of wheel companys sell wheel and tire packages for a good price. Think about it 230 a wheel x 4 = 920 then at the 440 for a set of tires your looking at 1360 for a set of stock wheels. You can get a real nice set of wheels and some good tires for that amount of money. Plus people on here sell stock wheels so you could probably find a better deal on stockies searching the forum

yeah if i get new rims its going to be all 4 rims, not just the cracked one .lol

and i only cracked one of the rims and the one on the same side is in ok shape but looks ugly so really i only need 1 rim and 1 tire but id rather just buy a whole new set then just buy another rim and tire just to replace them later

phister
09-13-2008, 01:50 AM
well you can check out different wheel sites like edgeracing.com buywheelstoday.com wheelmax.com tirerack.com and so forth for good package deals. I'm just trying to save up to buy the wheels alone lol dam Work and Advans wheels. Luckily I got my Volks for a good deal, but I'm sellin them now.

old crusty
09-13-2008, 02:12 AM
eh me and teh internets sales have nvr been friends. everything ive bought for my car off it has been really bad.

-Dash Kit had broken clip and always, completely, falls out when i launch
-Lambo doors dont quite fit and didnt come with wire exstentions
-Exhaust has holes all around muffler area

everything envolved with and including this car has just been bad luck for me:mfrown:

but im ganna make this shit work, one day this car will make me happy

phister
09-13-2008, 02:21 AM
you shouldve returned all that stuff and asked for an exchange. I make sure my shit is perfect condition when I order stuff. I'll make the deliver stand there with me sometimes if the box is smashed or looks disfigured and open so he knows that either his company need to pay for a replacement or the company needs to send another one. Happened to me yesterday. I ordered an Odyssey battery and when i came in the negative battery terminal would spin freely so no voltage was being read. So I called the company and their going to replace once I send the other one back.

EVOKIN
09-13-2008, 06:07 AM
eh me and teh internets sales have nvr been friends. everything ive bought for my car off it has been really bad.

-Dash Kit had broken clip and always, completely, falls out when i launch
-Lambo doors dont quite fit and didnt come with wire exstentions
-Exhaust has holes all around muffler area

everything envolved with and including this car has just been bad luck for me:mfrown:

but im ganna make this shit work, one day this car will make me happy
Do some research before buying anything online because you can't see it but only pictures. You should save up and buy new from a reputable place, there's some listed in this forum. Good luck.

shusi
09-13-2008, 06:56 AM
plenty of guys have dropped their ep's on 15's. looks a tad smaller but there's nothing wrong with it. some of the most slammed ep's i believe were on 15's

cow
09-13-2008, 07:29 AM
So i hit a curb while txting lol...

Alex857
09-13-2008, 08:04 AM
lol...

lol x2.
:pics:

Gunner02
09-13-2008, 08:09 AM
I have some 15" Piaa FR7 Im running right now with a 2"/2 1/2" Drop and they look great. If you have coilovers and can go lower theyll look even better. Its more about the offset, and tires than size of rim in my opinion. Stance/Ride Is what sets it off. Ive ran 17" Volks... Tooooooo big for an ep. 16" Rotas were nice, 15" Rotas, didnt look bad but were +45 so werent the best looking. My piaa fr7 are +43 offset, not too much off of stock but you can see the difference. Also, if you get 15's I suggest getting rims with a polished lip, well IMO they look better. Really, the deciding factor is gonna be if your going to get coilovers or springs. If you get springs go 16" for sure. Coils, you can pull off 15" with the right offset/tires

4angrybadgers
09-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Whatever wheels you get, try not to be an idiot texting while driving... you're lucky you hit a curb and not an innocent bystander.

phister
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
yeah tru that... The only time I text in my car is when I'm at a stop. Theres too many bad drivers out there that I have to focus on lol

krazichinaman
09-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Whatever wheels you get, try not to be an idiot texting while driving... you're lucky you hit a curb and not an innocent bystander.

+1 on that. I would just get another stokie to be honest. But thats just me.

02ep3driver
09-13-2008, 12:09 PM
i dropped my ep on 15's and i love the look of it. it just needs a tire with a little more tread. i run 15's with a 205/50/15.

Stanz0r
09-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Sell your phone and buy a new stock rim. You are obviously not responsible or competent enough to own both.

Alex857
09-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Me and my buddy hit a curb in his mazdaspeed3...let me tell you..it huurt like hell lol. We ended up totalling it. So be happy your shit is still around lol. I got pics if anyone wants em posted :tehehyper:

2005rollingegg
09-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Texting and driving don't mix. If your willing to spend the money just get a new set of wheels.

Windchaser
09-13-2008, 01:41 PM
lol...

LOL x 1 million :rofl: . . . that is what you get for texting while driving. I say sell your car and start walking because, apparently, you are not responsible enough to drive.

Alex857
09-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Ehh cmon guys, we all know its irrisponsible to txt and drive. But seriously, just about everyone does it. lol. Im guilty of it, as im sure sme of you are too, so im not gonna flame him for it. But if you do it, at least do it while your at a stoplight or something lol

I just think its funny how his thread is in the form of a question. No dude..you can drive around on cracked wheels and exploded tires..dont worry bout it lol

Stoop
09-13-2008, 02:11 PM
....A shop named pan auto is having a sale on all of there 15' rims and they come with 4 tires as well. my buddy said that that is too small for my car....15 foot rims are too small for the car?

Seems damn big to me. I've never seen anything bigger than a 24 inch rim....:mredface:

SIck03
09-13-2008, 02:19 PM
LOL x 1 million :rofl: . . . that is what you get for texting while driving. I say sell your car and start walking because, apparently, you are not responsible enough to drive.

i agree

BeaterEP
09-13-2008, 02:28 PM
One more vote for you had it coming. Sucks your car's screwed up and all, and I'm glad you're okay, but when you're driving, you need to be driving, and nothing else.
I get cut off/almost hit by more people on their cell phones, and 80% of them don't even fucking notice that they're driving like complete morons.

Hang up and drive, fer fuck's sake.

old crusty
09-14-2008, 11:36 AM
15 foot rims are too small for the car?

Seems damn big to me. I've never seen anything bigger than a 24 inch rim....:mredface:

yeah 15 foot man, haha no 15"

but i think im ganna look on craigs list for some 16" cause that the size ive agreed on but haha thx for all the help. i really should start using the shoebaru's to get around

Andrew
09-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Sell your phone and buy a new stock rim. You are obviously not responsible or competent enough to own both.

pwned