PDA

View Full Version : ep3 kpro texas emissions

Rictorious88
09-13-2008, 03:46 PM
does anybody know if the kpro will pass emission/ pass inspection in Texas? because i have an s100 in my turbo'd integra ls and will not pass because of it.

roboticfailure
09-13-2008, 04:13 PM
depends where the hell is p-town texas haha.

Rictorious88
09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
depends where the hell is p-town texas haha.

hahah lol its Plano

roboticfailure
09-13-2008, 04:25 PM
ahh ok well I have k-pro, I am from near the san antonio area, and have never had a problem passing emmissions.

Rictorious88
09-13-2008, 04:34 PM
ahh ok well I have k-pro, I am from near the san antonio area, and have never had a problem passing emmissions.

cool cool. do you know if it you can switch between 2 settings,b/c i wanted a setting to be for DD which will be tuned for only boltons(w/o nitrous) and the other one to be tuned for my bolt ons with nitrous?

talonXracer
09-13-2008, 04:56 PM
No need for seperate tunes with Kpro. You turn on a single switch, and Kpro will spray when you hit the preset parameters, RPM, gear and TPS position. It also retards timing and increases the fuel automatically when spraying, thusly why you would use a dry system with kpro. You can also set up to a 3 stage syatem. When you dont want to spray you simply turn the switch to the off position and she will run off whatever calibration you have loaded in for DD.

Rictorious88
09-13-2008, 05:08 PM
No need for seperate tunes with Kpro. You turn on a single switch, and Kpro will spray when you hit the preset parameters, RPM, gear and TPS position. It also retards timing and increases the fuel automatically when spraying, thusly why you would use a dry system with kpro. You can also set up to a 3 stage syatem. When you dont want to spray you simply turn the switch to the off position and she will run off whatever calibration you have loaded in for DD.

ah i see thats pretty cool can you run a wet kit with it?

Code99Kid
09-13-2008, 05:16 PM
As long as you are not throwing codes and you dont have some freakish mods on it, you should pass. All they will do is plug it in your OBD port and then as long as you dont throw codes you will pass. I was wondering the same thing so I brought mine to a cool guy and he used to be a tuner and now works at an inspection place, and he didnt have any problems legally passing it.

talonXracer
09-13-2008, 05:18 PM
ah i see thats pretty cool can you run a wet kit with it?

Yeah, but why? Kpro automatically adjusts how much fuel the injectors are passing. With kpro you do not need to tap the fuel system, add a fuel solenoid etc, you only need a single nitrous solenoid. All the fuel concerns are handled by Kpro.