PDA

View Full Version : do we really

trippy
09-13-2008, 05:15 PM
do we really need to do a 60 k check up ? im just wondering becuase im hitting 60 and just wanna know thank you

04bluepearl
09-13-2008, 05:54 PM
You defiantly need to do a 60k check up. Weather you take it to a dealer to get it done, or do it yourself is a decision you need to make. Check the manual, it will tell you what all needs to be serviced and if you have the tools and know-how i would suggest doing it yourself. Maintain your ep well and you will enjoy it for a long time :mcool:

Mr_Safeway
09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
My honda dealer just sent me a 40k checkup...but....i just went in for the 30k....what gives?

MugsyTheGr8
09-13-2008, 07:38 PM
My honda dealer just sent me a 40k checkup...but....i just went in for the 30k....what gives?

they want your money, but if its free then just do it

Kodeen
09-13-2008, 08:11 PM

All of your oil change are belong to them.

OPTIMISE
09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
you dont need the checkup, just change your fluids [ie oil, filter, tranny fluid, radiator, bleed brakes], change your spark plugs, and change your serp belt. lube your door jams and latches while you're at it too...

krazichinaman
09-14-2008, 09:52 AM
you dont need the checkup, just change your fluids [ie oil, filter, tranny fluid, radiator, bleed brakes], change your spark plugs, and change your serp belt. lube your door jams and latches while you're at it too...

+1
The stealership will also tell you that your car is getting old, unsafe, and its time to buy a new car. :mmad:

RHCP0801
09-14-2008, 10:21 AM
+1
The stealership will also tell you that your car is getting old, unsafe, and its time to buy a new car. :mmad:

what dealer do you go too? i have never heard of anyone getting that said to them before

stratwielder
09-14-2008, 01:33 PM

What do you mean by "lube your door jams and latches"? I've read that you should do that at the 60k checkup or something in the manual but didn't know what it meant. And what kind of product would you use to lube them with?

Edit: Never mind. While at autozone testing a battery, I bought some lithium grease with the intention of fixing my squeeking clutch. But upon reading the back of the little box, I found out this stuff is also used to lube up the jams and hatch thing also.