PDA

View Full Version : JDM Replica Side Skirts

Passenger
03-19-2010, 08:10 PM
For the guys who have em, how do you like it? Im not down with spending $600+ on the real deals.
Also, if I get em should I just take em to a body shop or something to paint & put em on or what (I have no idea how these are installed on '02-'03 cars)

Help a brotha out and discuss!

ShadowEP3
03-19-2010, 08:41 PM
i had em for a while..i loved em.

get it painted..you can install em yourself..its not that difficult actually. ill see if i have some pix of how i installed em..but i doubt i do.

charles
03-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Most side skirt replicas have to be shaved to fit flush. Make sure it fits the way you want it, then take it off to paint. After that, you should be pretty happy with them

Passenger
03-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Im assuming you guys got em at SSUSA

Sucka
03-19-2010, 09:57 PM
When you get it test fit it on your car first than get it painted.

Redrocket99
03-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Are you talking about the set for $175 from SSUSA. I'm also considering these. There ad describes them like this "These side skirts are made of high quality fiberglass and have been modified to fit your US EP3. Featuring simple and easy installation". The modified part makes me wonder. More feedback from user would be great.

Passenger
03-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Are you talking about the set for $175 from SSUSA. I'm also considering these. There ad describes them like this "These side skirts are made of high quality fiberglass and have been modified to fit your US EP3. Featuring simple and easy installation". The modified part makes me wonder. More feedback from user would be great.

Yeah exactly. What else Im wondering (02 and 03) is what adhesive or tape you guys are using?? From what Ive found out thru random PMs is that there are two different types of these available.. One that the rear part of the skirt wraps around the fender and screws/bolts in and the other version doesnt.

Kumar
03-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I bought the replica sides back in 2006 and after test fitting them decided to just spend the extra money on the real ones. I understand that I had to "modify" them to fit the car but the ones I bought were too short and I didn't like the overall design of them.

Some people have got them to work for them but the real ctr sides fit perfect and follow the body lines better. If I were you I would just wait till some used ones pop up in the classifieds and scoop them up for cheap. And I wouldn't pay 600+ or whatever price they are now either. Freaking outrageous...

Passenger
03-19-2010, 11:15 PM
And I wouldn't pay 600+ or whatever price they are now either. Freaking outrageous...

Yeah man its nuts.

ShadowEP3
03-20-2010, 12:43 AM
he basically said it all..lol

i loved em because they looked well..but i compared em to real ones and wow..
just wait it out..some are bound to pop up in the F/S section

Redrocket99
03-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Good info, Thanks

lesterbautistaa
06-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I bought the replica sides back in 2006 and after test fitting them decided to just spend the extra money on the real ones. I understand that I had to "modify" them to fit the car but the ones I bought were too short and I didn't like the overall design of them.

Some people have got them to work for them but the real ctr sides fit perfect and follow the body lines better. If I were you I would just wait till some used ones pop up in the classifieds and scoop them up for cheap. And I wouldn't pay 600+ or whatever price they are now either. Freaking outrageous...

The ones I bought were too fucking short as well.. :@ is there any way at all to make em fit? heat gun, etc? :[

PAPITUYO326
06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
You have to sand and sand until the end flanges are thin enough.

lesterbautistaa
06-22-2012, 08:02 AM
It's like an inch short... i dont think sanding would do me that good.. lol

superchargedk20
06-22-2012, 10:04 AM

Yep same shit with me. Bought the whole ctr rep kit from ssua. The skirts didnt fit so I ended up having to buy the real ones, and the front lip was cracked and they wouldnt send me a replscement , so i had to pay the body shop to fix the crack. Waste of money.