PDA

View Full Version : Debading the back Civic & SiR

CivicSiR4U2NV
11-29-2002, 01:44 PM
Okay I got the back badges of but now there is alot of adhesive residue. How do I get that off it looks gross.

Any suggestions

TrippZ
11-29-2002, 02:01 PM
I personally use Charcoal Lighter fluid, just be sure to wash it off with regular cleaning materials afterwards.

ive heard of a product called "Goof Off"

maybe you sohuld try that.

DownTheHatch
11-29-2002, 02:26 PM
I would use goof off, if not use gasoline or lighter fluid, the gas/lighter fluid will remove your wax so you will need to re-apply in that area.

Mechanic
11-29-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
I personally use Charcoal Lighter fluid, just be sure to wash it off with regular cleaning materials afterwards.

CivicSir4U2NV: That will work. I used mineral spirits (NOT turpintine or lacquer thinner). Mineral spirits will not hurt your paint. Turpintine or any other paint thinner will. (If you have any doubt as to whether the stuff you plan to use is safe for the finish, put a dab on a cloth and test it first inside the spare tire well, where a screw-up won't matter.)

The good thing about mineral spirits is that it will dissolve the double-sided sticky tape that Honda uses to mount the insignia without fogging the paint. Also, this eliminates a lot of rubbing, which can scuff the clear coat. Be patient. Paint is easily damaged, so use a very soft cloth for rubbing off the goo.

By the way, if you want to put your insignia back on later (and then perhaps take it off again), silicone cement works great and will not harm the paint.

CivicSiR4U2NV
11-29-2002, 03:02 PM
Thanx for all the suggestions!

I appreciate it! :)

myeverlovinsir
11-29-2002, 04:14 PM
Formerly known as 2K2RedSir2NV , is your ride milano red?
A pic would be really nice. tks.:D

CivicSiR4U2NV
11-29-2002, 04:25 PM
Yeah! It's Milano Red. Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera to post a pix :'( Sorry!

But I will see what I can do!

Suk02Si
11-30-2002, 02:08 AM
goof off is way too harsh. We used to use it to remove oil paint from carpet, very harsh stuff.