PDA

View Full Version : I need help....

crhatch02
03-20-2010, 10:12 AM
For about a year or so I have been driving without a primary o2 sensor. I have had kpro for about 4 months now with no problems. Last night I decided to install an o2 sensor and tune it. I installed it and started the car up and drove out of my drive way. I got to the street turned the car off, uploaded a new cal started the car...it ran for about 2 seconds and shut off...before it died it threw 2 codes..p1298(eld) and then a secondary o2 sensor cel......I currently dont have a secondary sensor on my car. My problem is now...My car wont start AT ALL....someone please help me......I took it to a mechanic....he has no idea whats goin on. I have tried erasing kpro and loading a stock cal..i have checked every fuse ive done it all..any suggestions?

Deadphishy
03-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Did you turn off the immobilzer through Kpro after you loaded the new map?

1 year without a primary O2 = a very very very dirty motor........I hope you don't have a cat still.

crhatch02
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
No one else???

mitchep3typer
03-21-2010, 02:13 AM
No one else???

Take it to T1.

Jpax
03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
For about a year or so I have been driving without a primary o2 sensor. I have had kpro for about 4 months now with no problems. Last night I decided to install an o2 sensor and tune it. I installed it and started the car up and drove out of my drive way. I got to the street turned the car off, uploaded a new cal started the car...it ran for about 2 seconds and shut off...before it died it threw 2 codes..p1298(eld) and then a secondary o2 sensor cel......I currently dont have a secondary sensor on my car. My problem is now...My car wont start AT ALL....someone please help me......I took it to a mechanic....he has no idea whats goin on. I have tried erasing kpro and loading a stock cal..i have checked every fuse ive done it all..any suggestions?

Just like Deadphishy said - did you turn off the immobilizer? next thing would be have you adjusted the calibration for all the mods you have on the car? such as different size injectors, turned off the secondary o2 sensor, and are you running with a sim delete on any of the o2 sensors?

crhatch02
03-21-2010, 06:25 PM
I turned off the immobilizer, I didnt adjust for my mods. I just loaded a stock cal, and I am running a delete on the secondary. Is the eld a relay i need to try and replace??? I have no idea.....

crhatch02
03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
And the mechanic I took it to said it may be an immobilizer problem. He said with the imm. turned off or on the light will still blink, apparently it should be solid at one point?

Deadphishy
03-24-2010, 08:16 PM
If the green Key is blinking it's the immobilizer. Do you have the multiplexor enabled?

crhatch02
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
So I just went to see if I had the multiplexer enabled....I hooked up my laptop and it said i had an older calibration from an older version of kmanager(my other laptop)..so I loaded a new calibration from my new laptop with the new version of kamanger..I loaded the factory cal and checked that the multiplexer was at normal operation(correct?) and the car STARTED !!!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON????? i drove it around the block and the only code i was throwing was the p1166 Heated Oxygen sensor.

Jpax
03-25-2010, 12:26 AM
sounds like maybe the other laptop might have uploaded a corrupted calibration, and now that your on this other lappy its working fine, just tune on the laptop that is working properly and the heater element may have burnt out thats why that code came up

crhatch02
03-25-2010, 01:19 AM
well I dont have the o2 sensor installed right now....BUT the new laptop was what I was using when it originally broke down on me..

VIZHUNZ02SI
03-25-2010, 09:42 AM
that happen to me to for some reason my laptop didnt load a new version an my car wouldnt crank. so i had to re-download it over and install it and upload it to the ecu and it cranked fine

Deadphishy
03-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Yup. It was a bad upload. It's happened to me before. Good to hear the car is running. Now get an O2 sensor asap.

crhatch02
03-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Ok...now while I was driving it around...it died on me...again...now what?

Jpax
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Take it to a tuner and have them tune it stop trying to tune it your self - Im sure their is alot of good tuners in Texas

crhatch02
03-25-2010, 10:56 AM
I wasn't trying to tune it..that's the thing..I was on the factory cal and it just died...I was just drivin around town

crhatch02
03-26-2010, 05:47 PM
And I guess yall should know this.....I have a k24 frank ready to be put in my car....I have been thinking about swapping them out, but im scared that its an electrical issue, and ill have the same problem....what do yall think?

crhatch02
03-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Ok...I was looking for another fix.....I went to see if I was actually getting fuel....when I start my car I dont hear any noise coming from the fuel pump.....suggestions...I have gone thru the service manual...but I havent done the troubleshooting yet...do yall know if there is quick troubleshooting method, other than testing the wire harnesses