PDA

View Full Version : Oh Boy...

04EP3Hatch
03-20-2010, 11:11 PM
well tonight, i had a few runs with the new supercharged setup, and all was good, clutch grabs real good, no slippage or anything, no tranny grinds, but i noticed, the pedal got stiffer all of a sudden, and is now staying that way. The pedal before used to be very soft, and grabbed rather high, so i knew the clutch was wearing out. (94,000 miles on it, and just supercharged it :mrolleyes:). But it didnt get stiff like it's scary stiff though. just mildly stiffer, anyone have thoughts? Should i baby it and just hold it off so it doesnt slip for the dyno tune?

Jpax
03-21-2010, 12:46 AM
you have 94k on your stock clutch~ that might go out on the dyno not just getting to it. have you flushed the fluid out of the clutch line? you should do that first and then drive it for a little bit see if that fixs your problem. a good fluid flush on the clutch lines wouldn't hurt either. its just standard brake fluid.

04EP3Hatch
03-21-2010, 06:46 AM
you have 94k on your stock clutch~ that might go out on the dyno not just getting to it. have you flushed the fluid out of the clutch line? you should do that first and then drive it for a little bit see if that fixs your problem. a good fluid flush on the clutch lines wouldn't hurt either. its just standard brake fluid.

yea i was thinking of trying that, just to see what happens, i've done a lot of fourth gear, low rpm, full throttle pulls the simulate the dyno load and no slippage or anything yet, the dyno im going on we do 4th gear pulls from like 2500rpm to the limiter