PDA

View Full Version : CF Hood and hood latches??

lbk02si
03-21-2010, 03:22 PM
So i've heard that its really recommended that you install hood latches if you install a CF hood to prevent it from flying open while you are driving. why is it that cf hoods fly up? and is there anything else you can do to prevent it other than latches? bc i really hate the look of latches, i want the clean and smooth look.

Sucka
03-21-2010, 11:05 PM
I had my cf hood for over 4 years now and it has never flew open on me. I drive on the freeway everyday 60mph+ and it has never flew open on me. Once in a while i forget to close my hood after working in the engine bay and i go for a test drive and it doesn't flew up on me even when it's on the first click where it's not fully locked down. I guess some people get it for caution.

lbk02si
03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
cool, there is hope for me then!!

04bluepearl
03-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Some people recommend installing hood pins because on a carbon fiber hood the latch is glued on rather than riveted or welded as with a metal hood.

lbk02si
03-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Some people recommend installing hood pins because on a carbon fiber hood the latch is glued on rather than riveted or welded as with a metal hood.

ahhhh, that makes sense!

hkrayingboyz
03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
lol. I gave up on that. I make a big hole trying to put a lock on. In the end, I end up buying a carbon fiber lock but the lock that fit on the engine bay is not fit right after I cut a big hole. So i just use the hood lock for look. -_-" I just use the oem lock and still work fine for me.

[Sip]
03-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I've seen plenty of cars without pins...I'm currently waiting for a CF hood to ship out, and I think I'll avoid the pin hassel for now. My brother has pins on his RSX, as the hood doesn't really want to close properly...so it's just incase. It's a bit of a pain to do it yourself.