PDA

View Full Version : Water Leaking inside cabin!

Mashi
03-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Im very sure this is in the wrong section, but whatever. Well Im having a problem. It rained here for a night, and I went inside the car, there was water all over the shifter area also down below compartments. I was trying to see where it was coming from, then I saw the headliner where the map lights are at. It was soaked, just in that one spot. Well has anybody ever experienced this? If so, is there a way to fixed this issue? Thanks a lot

newep
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
were you parked on a down grade with the Sunroof not fully closed? The sunroof seal might have a little tear in it as well.

Mashi
03-30-2010, 06:35 AM
No, I was on flat surface. The sunroof was closed fully. Also I checked the sunroof weather seal and its great. No tears or rips. Hmmm, I guess I should take off my headliner and see whats making it leak :(

Squidward
04-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Could your gasket or surrounding metal be exceptionally dusty or dirty? Even a perfect gasket cannot work on a dirty surface.

brycelowe
04-12-2010, 07:24 PM
You might try checking to see if the drain tubes are clogged with dirt. If they are the water builds up and leaks through the gasket because it's not designed to be water tight under pressure. To check pour some water down them and if it has trouble draining use a water hose and nozzle to blast the dirt out. Btw they are located in the front corners of the sunroof area. You have to open it to get to them.