PDA

View Full Version : My 70+ page build thread = gone

SHG_EasyE
03-22-2010, 12:40 PM
So after this great brainchild of an EPH forum revamp Ive lost my build thread of over a year and 70+ pages complete with updates and pictures on almost every page with a full master index with links to each update. Im besides myself right now because it seems that pretty much all the other members rides pages Im familiar with are still here, aswell as all of the threads I was previously subscribed to. Has anyone else had this happen to them? This seems to be a trend with EPH and deters me from putting any kind of effort into contributing to this forum anymore :mrolleyes:

NuSchule
03-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Your build thread was one of the main reasons I would religiously check EPH every day. I really hope there is something that can be done about it, man. It's b/s to have such a well thought-out and well detailed build thread go tits up. Hopefully all the kinks can be worked out and you will continue to contribute.

chiwhitesi
03-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Your build thread was one of the main reasons I would religiously check EPH every day. I really hope there is something that can be done about it, man. It's b/s to have such a well thought-out and well detailed build thread go tits up. Hopefully all the kinks can be worked out and you will continue to contribute.

yeah i agree 100% i have watched everything SHG_Easye has doen in that thread its a shame

Andrew
03-22-2010, 01:22 PM
foreaaaaaaaaaals dude i always checked your updates b/c well you did the coolest sh*t on your car especially the DIY stuff. i even subscribed to one of the threads for your DIYs was gonna do it then blam eph went down. idono it's just not the same for me here sigh

SHG_EasyE
03-22-2010, 02:56 PM
foreaaaaaaaaaals dude i always checked your updates b/c well you did the coolest sh*t on your car especially the DIY stuff. i even subscribed to one of the threads for your DIYs was gonna do it then blam eph went down. idono it's just not the same for me here sigh

Yeah man I feel like the site just int as inviting as it used to be. I miss the Vbulletin layout and the user control panel etc.

Hopefully my thread can be retrieved somehow but i dont have very high hopes.

K20wagon
03-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Ya man that sucks. I agree with everyone else, everytime I got on to ephatch I would check to see if you had an update.

slate13530
03-22-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm going to ticked off just like everyone else.

It's a disappointing.

Tnhatch03
03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
I hate turtles!

But seriously, very sorry to hear about your thread, material, and information. PM an Admin. or Asst. Admin. and see if they can help you out. The new layout will take some getting used to. I am still getting lost and not sure where everything is on here. Maybe it won't be lost and we hope that even if you did lose your thread that you will still continue to post. Even if you have to start from where you are now and go forward, I am sure the members will still enjoy your project.

ShadowEP3
03-22-2010, 04:36 PM
i know..i enjoyed your build thread alot like many others.

someone did post a way to retrieve threads pre-crash but i havent looked into it

chiwhitesi
03-22-2010, 04:52 PM
enjoyed is truly an understatement

SHG_EasyE
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
i know..i enjoyed your build thread alot like many others.

someone did post a way to retrieve threads pre-crash but i havent looked into it

Thanks, I looked into it and the method doesnt come up with my build, just a few FS threads and a couple tech threads. Even if i found it it would be way to much work to copy all the text and then try to put pictures back with the proper posts.

Im going to start a new thread when i get home with a short recap of whats already done to the car and Ill continue the way I was before :) Its nice to see how many people kept tabs on my thread!

usedep3
03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
i know it was a lot of work and effort you put into your clean ass SSM. but compared to that eg of yours, this SSM is no where near complete. just throw up an abridged version of your start and continue from there. i'm sure the mods ar working round the clock trying to retrieve our threads

20CiviC02Si
03-23-2010, 12:18 AM
I hear ya man....... I lost all of my updates as well...... Too be honest i'm uncertain whether or not i want to try once again. Putting those threads together took some time, and now once again they're gone. The site is slow as sh*t, i really miss the old lay out.

Guardian
03-23-2010, 12:51 AM
mines gone too

20CiviC02Si
03-23-2010, 03:48 AM
Just spent the whole night remaking mine....... damn insomnia.

4angrybadgers
03-23-2010, 05:43 AM
If the site feels slow, try switching to the "vB4 default no pic" theme. It's a lot faster for me than the black themes.

As for lost threads... if you have information you consider vital (such as a 70-page build thread), don't rely on someone else to hold your sole copy of that info! I don't care how much you trust the other person, it's just common sense to have backups in different locations.

In general: I remind everyone that this site is a service that most folks don't pay for. I'm not making excuses for the crashes or saying you should fall on your knees in gratitude to the owners/admins, just reminding everyone of the immense value that we've all gotten out of this site for almost nothing. Yes, it's a pain in the tail to rebuild all the info we lost, but if that hiccup is enough to drive you away from the site - well, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'll still be here, along with others, enjoying the site and the people regardless of the speed bumps along the way.

Project Yellow
03-23-2010, 05:54 AM
My build thread is gone too... Which sucks becasue it was pretty much my record of what I'd done to my car, and the process :(

ImportCustomx
03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53546-How-to-Manually-Recover-Your-Old-Posts-After-the-Data-Loss-of-Feb-2010

SHG_EasyE
03-23-2010, 10:56 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53546-How-to-Manually-Recover-Your-Old-Posts-After-the-Data-Loss-of-Feb-2010

Yeah I read that, and like I posted before, my build thread doesnt come up on google. Just some FS and Tech threads. Even if it did I dont have the time to retrieve all that information and re-write the whole thing. Im just going to start fresh tonight.

20CiviC02Si
03-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Have fun writing it, i know i did..... LOL!

NuSchule
03-23-2010, 12:16 PM
... Im just going to start fresh tonight.

:smiley giving the thumbs-up:

dkid15
03-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Me and ba82 lost a solid 25 pages of info on the vtec killer setup. Fortunately i posted it on other forums so it can just be copied. Im going to wait until i hit the dyno and make one megathread with new motor, gutted hatch, redone bay, tsx 6th and lsd(need to buy), and my new coilovers, caster plates, and camber kit. So excited for this summer.

SHG_EasyE
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Me and ba82 lost a solid 25 pages of info on the vtec killer setup. Fortunately i posted it on other forums so it can just be copied. Im going to wait until i hit the dyno and make one megathread with new motor, gutted hatch, redone bay, tsx 6th and lsd(need to buy), and my new coilovers, caster plates, and camber kit. So excited for this summer.

Sick dude you have so much going on! Its going to be a whole different car man sounds like a blast :) Ill be on the lookout for your thread

dirtyMETHOD
03-23-2010, 01:21 PM
i remember reading those build threads and it Is a bummer they're gone. But on the bright side we can continue to evolve our cars and have a fresh start for ephatch.

But I hope they are still trying to get those threads restored. they were awesome