PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Hatch.

so kraziey
03-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Just sold the hatch and want to buy a new fa5. I have been building my credit for about 2 years, but i am going to put a big down payment .My question is can i finance it?

the JigGa mAn
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
yes you can, not sure what your credit scores like or what hondas financing offers are right now. thats something youll find out at the dealership..if your credits not that good you may need a cosigner to get a good rate.

K20wagon
03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Yes you can finance it but it just depends on your credit score. If it is low then you will probably need a co-signer though with a big down payment on it you might not have a problem.

usedep3
03-22-2010, 04:16 PM
depends. IIRC you can more or less finance whatever you want. credit score will play a big part. as long as it's clean you should be ok. putting down a bigger down payment will help. it'll lower the amount you finance so payments will be lower.

here;s a good rule of thumb. generally speaking, every $1000 you put down will lower your payment by about $20 for a 5 year loan.

also, usually buying new will get you a lower APR than buying a used car.

hope this helps

usedep3
03-22-2010, 04:21 PM
yes you can, not sure what your credit scores like or what hondas financing offers are right now. thats something youll find out at the dealership..if your credits not that good you may need a cosigner to get a good rate.

Yes you can finance it but it just depends on your credit score. If it is low then you will probably need a co-signer though with a big down payment on it you might not have a problem.

credit score is important, but its not everything. i know someone with a high 700 (~780) credit score that couldn't get a loan on an accord because he made 2 late payments on his mortgage. why you would finance a car if you can't pay your mortgage in time is beyond me... reason why our economy is in the shitter. it's like the circle of the recession

K20wagon
03-22-2010, 04:44 PM
credit score is important, but its not everything. i know someone with a high 700 (~780) credit score that couldn't get a loan on an accord because he made 2 late payments on his mortgage. why you would finance a car if you can't pay your mortgage in time is beyond me... reason why our economy is in the shitter. it's like the circle of the recession

True, I had 700 credit and had one late payment on a loan and it wasnt to late either and they wouldnt let me do anything.

tech9
03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
i want to sell my hatch and get a new car too, maybe when the economy starts picking up again

shortstop
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
I did the same building credit thing you are doing, got to about 750 and couldn't get loans anywhere? Finally got lucky at my own bank but I had to put a bigger down payment then I wanted to....... I know my friends have had really good luck at dealers cause they keep pushing your info to all the banks til they can find 1 that will accept you (at least that's what I was told) but on the downside I think a lot of rejections hurts credit score. I'm rambling....

so kraziey
04-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Will the dealership try to rape me with the interest rate for my credit being new?

Kerby
04-01-2010, 06:41 AM
good luck with the FAG i mean FA5. :gheyf:
don't be a stranger and stick around.

LouisianaEP3
04-01-2010, 06:49 AM
If I could afford the note I'd trade mine in one too.

smykhaisouk
04-01-2010, 07:43 AM
good luck with the fag i mean fa5. :gheyf:
Don't be a stranger and stick around.

hahahahaaa

the JigGa mAn
04-01-2010, 07:53 AM
they shouldnt, go to honda.com and see what their current rates/specials are